(NaturalNews) Cucumbers are the fourth most cultivated vegetable in the world and known to be one of the best foods for your body's overall health, often referred to as a superfood. Cucumbers are often sprayed with pesticides so it is important to buy organic or even better, grow them yourself.
Here are 10 Benefits of cucumbers:
1.Quick pick me-up - Cucumbers are a good source of B vitamins. Put down your sodas and coffee and eat a cucumber slice.
2. Rehydrates body and replenishes daily vitamins - Cucumbers are 95 percent water, keeping the body hydrated while helping the body eliminate toxins. Cucumbers have most of the vitamins the body needs in a single day. Don't forget to leave the skin on because the skin contains a good amount of vitamin C, about 10 percent of the daily-recommended allowance.
3. Skin and hair care - If you don't like to eat the skin, it can be used for skin irritations and sunburns as aloe would be used. Place a slice over puffy eyes and its anti-inflammatory properties help reduce puffiness. The silicon and sulfur in cucumbers help to stimulate hair growth.
4. Fight cancers - Cucumber are known to contain lariciresinol, pinoresinol, and secoisolariciresinol. These three lignans have a strong history of research in connection with reduced risk of several cancer types, including breast cancer, ovarian cancer, uterine cancer and prostate cancer.
5. Home care - Eliminates a foggy mirror. Before taking a shower, rub a cucumber slice along a mirror and it will eliminate the mirror fogging up. Instead of WD40, take a cucumber slice and rub it along a squeaky hinge and your door will stop squeaking.
6. Relieves bad breath - Take a slice of cucumber and press it to the roof of your mouth with your tongue for 30 seconds, the phytochemcials will kill the bacteria in your mouth responsible for causing bad breath.
7. Hangover cure - To avoid a morning hangover or headache; eat a few cucumber slices before going to bed. Cucumbers contain enough sugar, B vitamins and electrolytes to replenish many essential nutrients, reducing the intensity of both hangover and headache.
8. Aids in weight loss and digestion - Due to its low calorie and high water content, cucumber is an ideal diet for people who are looking for weight loss. The high water content and dietary fiber in cucumbers are very effective in ridding the body of toxins from the digestive system, aiding digestion. Daily consumption of cucumbers can be regarded as a remedy for chronic constipation.
9. Cures diabetes, reduces cholesterol and controls blood pressure - Cucumber juice contains a hormone which is needed by the cells of the pancreas for producing insulin which has been found to be beneficial to diabetic patients. Researchers found that a compound called sterols in cucumbers may help reduce cholesterol levels. Cucumbers contain a lot of potassium, magnesium and fiber. These work effectively for regulating blood pressure. This makes cucumbers good for treating both low blood pressure and high blood pressure.
10. Promotes joint health, relieves gout and arthritis pain -Cucumber is an excellent source of silica, which is known to help promotes joint health by strengthening the connective tissues. They are also rich in vitamin A, B1, B6, C & D, Folate, Calcium, Magnesium, and Potassium. When mixed with carrot juice, they can relieve gout and arthritis pain by lowering the uric acid levels.
By Alexandra Du Toit, TRUE Earth Mama
NaturalNews, August 11, 2012
- Federal Hocking1974 - 1978
- Tri County JVSCosmetology, 1976 - 1978
Before I got into Young Living Essential Oils Mark and I were award winning but, struggling artists. We wanted to have the freedom of working from home so we expanded our part time jewelry design business. We worked at jewelry design marketing our flame-worked glass beads, copper enamel and gemstone designs in boutiques and art shows. What started out as fun became more and more difficult. It was a struggle to make ends meet. Depression set in making it more difficult to earn a living. When you are living off your income, you have to create art even you don't feel like it. Something we loved doing was becoming a drudgery, especially packing up everything and hauling it off to art shows. During that time we also did crappy jobs to fill in the extra income we needed. One job was working for an inventory company crawling around in stores counting inventory, usually in the middle of the night.
After a couple years of living like that, we were introduced to Young Living Essential Oils. It was not the business opportunity that got my attention at first. I knew about network marketing, in fact I had been in another company at the time that marketed herbal supplements. Nothing exciting there and I was not inspired to get involved with another network marketing company. What got me inspired with Young Living was the life changing products. I was suffering EXTREME depression. In fact, it was so bad I was wishing I could die. My mother, who had just started using Young Living products, knew how serious my depression was so she brought me her Essential 7 Kit and Abundance Oil to see if it would help.
The Essential 7 Kit had Joy oil in it but I was drawn to the Abundance Oil. Later I found out that, not only is Abundance oil designed to help attract abundance but I found that it is very mood uplifting, especially with things associated with money issues. Abundance oil smells wonderful. WOW! What a smell! The most awesome part is that within minutes my mood was lifted so much that I was singing and dancing around the house. Brandon lived at home with us back then but he was working at a graphics design company. He came home from work to find me singing and "acting weird." He asked if I was, "on something."
Since then, I have never returned to that level of depression. Yes, I occasionally have down days but never like I had back then. There are lots of oils that are mood uplifting. That is my favorite thing about the oils.
That is also where my Young Living Business started. My life changing experience ignited a passion in me for sharing these oils with people. I started thinking about how many people could benefit from the oils. If I could feel the shift within minutes, how easy it would be to put a drop of oils on someone who was depressed and help them feel a similar shift. That is so much easier than trying to sell herbal supplements that take weeks or sometimes even months for people to feel any changes in their body.
I still do my art for my own pleasure but it is not for an income. I love what I do with Young Living. I get to meet so many amazing people and have a part in changing people's lives.
Newsletters and training that I have available to help you:
Grade A Notes Newsletter
Young Living Essential Oils Blog
Esteem Power Newsletter
Network Marketing Success For Ordinary People:
Young Living Business Builders
EFT For Network Marketers
- Young Living Essential OilsIndependent Distributor, 1997 - presentYoung Living Essential Oils - World Leader in Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils
Einkorn Lemon NingXia Sandwich Cookies | Young Living Essential Oils - M...
Recipe by Kathleen Campbell; Fort Worth, Texas Cookie: 1 cup butter 2 ∕3 cup honey 1 egg 20 drops Lemon Vitality essential oil, as desired 1
Essential Oils With Limonene | Young Living Essential Oils - Melodie Kan...
Limonene is a phytochemical that has been found beneficial for supporting a healthy body. It is a widely distributed, natural, nontoxic comp
Priorities and Consistency Keep Your Business Growing In Summer | Young ...
It's summer time again. This is a time when many distributors lose focus on their business because of gardening, vacations, conventions and
Spring Cleaning With Essential Oils | Young Living Essential Oils - Melo...
Don't you just LOVE Spring? I love opening the windows and listening to the sounds of the outdoors while I do a little Spring Cleaning. Usin
What Kind Of Impression Are You Making In Your Social Media Pages? | You...
We have all heard the expression, You never get a 2nd chance to make a 1st impression! This is really true when it comes to Social Media Mar
Ways To Keep Your Business Growing Through The Summer | Young Living Bus...
It's summer time and a time for gardening, vacations, conventions and lots of activities with the family. One mistake network marketers ofte
Uses For Lemon Essential Oil | Young Living Essential Oils - Melodie Kan...
Lemon oil is a favorite among Young Living Distributors. Citrus oils are extracted by cold pressing the rind of the fruit. It takes about 75
Is Your Business Missing This Important Ingredient For Success? | Young ...
One thing I have learned in over 20 years in the network marketing profession is that you need to have an ongoing program for personal devel
From Skeptic to Believer… Take the Plunge! - HeavenScentOils4U
More and more people out there have gone from being a former skeptic to a full fledged believer and are so, so happy that they finally decid
Time To Update Goals and Business Plans For A New Year | Young Living Bu...
It's the beginning of a new year and time to make plans for the success of your Young Living Essential Oils business.
Essential Oils for Your New Years Resolutions - HeavenScentOils4U
Essential oils may be the answer you ve been looking for all those New Years resolutions just waiting for implementation.
Charge Like a Rhino Toward Your Goals | Young Living Business Success Tools
I am re-reading Rhinoceros Success by Scott Alexander. Scott Alexander is the author of 3 books: Rhinoceros Success, Advanced Rhinocerology
How Do You Respond When Asked "How Are You?" | Young Living Business Suc...
I'm doing GREAT and, to my amazement, things just keep getting better! That is the way an old business associate of mine responded when peop