- Whitworth UniversityAdjunct Faculty, 2012 - presentInteractive Journalism Digital Marketing & PR
- STCUSenior Community Development Officer, 2010 - presentSenior Community Development Officer (2012-2013) New Media & Marketing Officer (2010-2012)
- Eastern Washington UniversityNew Media & Online Communications Specialist, 2006 - 2007
- CDC-NIOSH-Spokane Research LaboratoryHealth Communications Specialist, 2005 - 2006
- People to People Ambassador ProgramsMarketing Intern, 2004 - 2005
- Town of OdessaLifeguard & Asst. Dir. of Summer Recreation Program, 1998 - 2000
- Fiesta Fare RestaurantServer, 1998 - 2000
- American EagleSales Associate, 2004 - 2005
- Pacific UniversityDirector of Marketing, 2007 - 2010
- Eastern Washington UniversityGraduate Teaching Assistant, 2004 - 2006
- Eastern Washington UniversityOn-Campus Events Coordinator, 2003 - 2004
- AMC TheatresAssociate, 2001 - 2001
- CDC-NIOSH-Spokane Research LaboratoryOnline Communications Specialist, 2001 - 2004
Lance has been practicing public relations for nearly ten years in three different industries: occupational safety and health, travel programs and higher education. He has worked for state and local government agencies, an international travel organization and both private and public universities. Prior to joining STCU, he was the Director of Marketing at Pacific University for three years, where he was responsible for marketing collateral, managing print and web communications, and advertising. He recently served as the co-communications chair for the District VIII Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) board of directors, and as VP of Public Relations on the 2010 board of directors for the Portland Metro Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA). Lance was named a 2010 runner-up in the “Top 40 Under 40” by the Portland Business Journal, 2012 Eastern Washington University Inspirational Young Alumnus, and has received several awards from CASE and Spokane MarCom Association for his work.
He earned his bachelor’s degree in graphic communications from Eastern Washington University (EWU) in 2004 and his masters degree in communications from EWU in 2010 (thesis topic: social media, Millennials and higher education). During his graduate studies, Lance served on the Washington State Higher Education Coordinating Board—a position appointed by the Governor—advising on policies, financial aid and issues facing higher education. He also has experience teaching as an adjunct at EWU and Whitworth University.
Lance’s breadth of knowledge with social media has garnered him responsibilities for managing the social media accounts for Pacific University, regional conferences and organizations, as well as a Portland-based music group. He has also taught workshops and spoke about marketing, social media and professional communication, including: 2005 Mine Safety & Health Administration Train-the-Trainer Conference, 2009 Forest Grove Chamber Business Symposium, 2010 CASE District 8 conference social media bootcamp, 2010 Willamette Valley Development Officers conference, 2010 CASE District 8 social media bootcamp in Spokane and is slated to speak several more times in 2010.
- Eastern Washington UniversityBA, Graphic Communications, 2000 - 2004
- Eastern Washington UniversityMS, Communications, 2004 - 2010