- Use a tripod.
- Use a cable release or wireless remote to trigger the shutter if you have one.
- Turn on Long Exposure Noise Reduction.
- Shoot the highest quality file you can. NEF is ideal.
- Set the camera to a low ISO, such as 200.
- A good starting point for aperture is f/11.
- Instead of choosing a shutter speed, set the camera to Bulb (B) which allows you to keep the shutter open as long as you want. - -- Expose for the entire fireworks burst. You can even keep the shutter open for multiple bursts.
- Turn off the autofocus, otherwise it might have difficulty locking onto focus. Manually focus your lens at infinity.
#independenceday #fireworks #tips #tipsandtricks #photography #photographytips #july4th #julyfourth #fourthofjuly