Just over one quarter of adults surveyed had received unemployment benefits with a similar percentage saying they had gotten Social Security payments. Just over one in five reported benefiting from Medicare, just under one in five had received food stamps, about one in 10 had received Medicaid payments and 8% had received welfare.
13 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 16 previous comments
- Bob, the borrowing of social. Security funds continued under republican & democrat presidents after Johnson so that the federal deficit appeared smaller to the American people than it wasDec 19, 2012
- Bob, our presidents, republican & democrat congressmen & senators are the ones looting the treasury to pay for their campaign donors agendaDec 19, 2012
- Agreed, but the republican congressmen & senators won't clamp down on illegal aliens because their campaign donors want cheap labor & the democrat congressmen & senators want votes.Dec 19, 2012
- I'm sorry, but social security was pay as you go from the startDec 19, 2012
- "I don't care what you say." Lol, you're not 23. You're a baby... Try to remember that government services are payed for using taxes that EVERYONE pays...
I don't know who you are referring to as "lazy" but everyone pays taxes, and Russell, if you weren't so poor you'd realize the rich pay a far lower marginal tax rate than yourself. Capital gains tax rates are a joke compared to payroll taxes. But I doubt you understand the tax code so I'll spare you the facts and get straight to the point...
Good luck with "independent" living in the UNITED States of America because the rest of us see you as a fool rejecting the generosity society has payed for with taxes out of piety jealousy and selfishness...Dec 20, 2012
- I thought you didn't care what I say, ; P.... Suck it bitch!Dec 20, 2012