OK - have been pursuaded to start using Google+...but this only works if everyone moves from twitter right???
6 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 31 previous comments
- I agree; sparks is limited and needs work. UberSocial and Twidroyd use something very good for Twitter which works well - Channels!Aug 24, 2011
- I hope that G+ accelerates with real content. "In another place" a fellow gentleperson of the media commented that they hoped G+ would be the preserve of "more intelligent comment" than Twitter. Still news will break first on Twitter - it truly is now of the people.Aug 24, 2011
- Welcome to Twitter. It just needs the critical mass, right? Whatever the critical mass is for social networking...Aug 24, 2011
- Apparently 75,000 using it for more than 15 minutes a day. Is that right? 75,000 sounds quite low now I've said it.Aug 24, 2011
- I've moved from facebook, but keeping my twitter a/c @skinpup
Anyway, welcome... I think you'll like it here, and if you build/mould/evolve your circles to suit your needs then it'll become a breeze to use and much more flexible tool than the others.
I plan to have a C4News circle (give Jon Snow a kick and get him to join too) then when the news in on I'll switch my stream off and just select the C4News circle so I can focus on that and shout at you :)
As an aside re:Libya... I'm very concerned that particularly the USA will be 'advising' the NTC to put in place a political system where there is one single man in power.. a "president" as in their own system. This of course will make it easier for them to influence and control the emerging republic (only need to keep one man in their influence/pay/???) rather than a system where the power is fully in the hands of a government (albeit appointed at first, but elected later,) and have them elect a president as the figurehead executive later.
This is what the USA has done in Afghanistan and plainly it has failed the country as a whole.
What do you think?Aug 24, 2011
- I got rid of Facebook. Too plebian. Still using twitter as great for newsfeed.
Echoing the sentiment from following the US system of "democracy" could be disastrous for Libya.
Afghanistan's model of democracy is clearly not working in anyone's favour except the USA.Nov 12, 2011