The Knoxville News Sentinel is a daily newspaper in Knoxville, Tennessee, owned by E. W. Scripps.
The newspaper was formed in 1926 from the merger of two competing newspapers: The Knoxville News and The Knoxville Sentinel.
In 1986 the News-Sentinel became a morning paper, with the other paper in Knoxville, the Knoxville Journal, becoming an evening paper. The Journal ceased publication as a daily in 1991, when the joint operating agreement between the two papers expired. In 2002 the paper dropped the hyphen from its name to become the Knoxville News Sentinel.