- Best Road Trip Ever! - http://bestroadtripever.com/biker-bar-bbq-and-bras-everything-at-the-elbow-inn-on-66/
- Best Road Trip Ever! - http://bestroadtripever.com/rock-island-pony-bridge-a-grapes-of-wrath-film-location/
- Best Road Trip Ever! - http://bestroadtripever.com/bright-shiny-objects-in-the-route-66-desert-elmer-longs-bottle-ranch/
- Best Road Trip Ever! - http://bestroadtripever.com/big-blue-whale-landlocked-and-great-on-route-66/
- Best Road Trip Ever! - http://bestroadtripever.com/andy-griffith-museum/
- Best Road Trip Ever! - http://bestroadtripever.com/giant-head-of-abraham-lincoln-looms-large-over-i-80/
- Best Road Trip Ever! - http://bestroadtripever.com/a-mighty-fancy-mens-room-at-the-madonna-inn/
- Best Road Trip Ever! - http://bestroadtripever.com/skip-the-traditional-motel-shady-dell-trailer-court/
- Detour ArtOwner, author, designer, developer, 2005 - presentDetour Art is a web resource designed to inform and celebrate outsider, folk, visionary, self-taught, vernacular art and environment discoveries found along the back roads around the world. Through my personal collection of art and photographs, I began the research and development of the database, which has served as the launchpad for the website, book, and traveling exhibit. In 2009, Belger Art Center mounted a major exhibit of outsider art “Rare Visions—Detour Art” which featured much of my personal collection, gathered from across the country. The exhibit continued to travel the country for the next few years.
- Kansas City Art InstituteAssistant professor, 2011 - presentI have promoted a positive creative and learning environment by supporting colleagues and students as the department undergoes the challenges of significant transition. As program head, I organize curriculum, manage daily operations, promote the department both internally and externally. I developed and present classes at the sophomore, junior and senior levels as well as elective courses open campus-wide, including Human-centered Design, Online Presence and Professional Practice. Emphasizing our strong curriculum, I lead the initiative to strengthen our recruiting efforts, resulting in an increase in enrollment. Extensive community outreach is a particular passion, connecting theory and professional practice. These initiatives have resulted in a significant increase of the program’s visibility and a strong internship program.
- Ludwig Designowner, designer, developer, autho, 1987 - presentAlmost 30 years of experience creating award-winning designs and managing a small design studio specializing in marketing strategies, brand identity and development. I provide creative direction to a wide variety of clients and design consultation to advertising agencies, design studios and broadcast producers, including pharmaceutical. I move quickly between the tactical and strategic roles, depending on the needs of my clients. Facing the challenges of a lengthy FDA approval process, I helped establish a client of 16 years as the expert in aseptic skin prep solutions through educating the marketplace. By supporting the sales force with a repository of clinical information segmented by practice, they are able to educate floor nurses, infection control practitioners and surgeons. Web content was designed to increase search engine compatibility and break up the text-heavy nature of the clinical content. The results were improved sales/marketing support, added scalability for company growth, increased traffic by 100%, and expanded clinical content. At the other end of the spectrum, I have designed and developed two travel apps for the iOS platform. They combine my love of design, (graphic, UI/UX), travel, photography and databases (yes, I love databases.) Today, I specialize in design for website management systems (WordPress and Squarespace), UX/UI design, identity programs, book design and production, marketing and promotional materials, web design and consultation, and trade show exhibits.
- Propaganda3Director of mobile products, 2010 - 2012Combining my love of visual design and brand experience with the latest strategies in information architecture for both mobile and desktop design. While at Propaganda3, I streamlined and standardized the bidding and production processes (website and mobile development) to maximize efficiency. Well-versed in Apple’s iOS mobile platform, I have successfully created and implemented mobile apps, working with producers and developers to navigate the mobile technologies, and strategies. I am adept at: UI/UX design Site maps, wire framing and prototyping Use case scenarios
- RiseUp PublicationsVice president of marketing and production management, 2008 - 2008Part of the launch team for a weekly tabloid-style magazine on race and ethnicity. Distributed through national newspapers, including the Washington Post, I developed the marketing and sales materials, strategy as well as production scheduling and management of the teams.
- Minturn AdvertisingArt director, 1984 - 1987I oversaw art direction and production management for a small advertising agency specializing in consumer food products. Duties ranged from art direction to traffic management for print advertising, package design and fleet graphics.
- JR Navarro & AssociatesArt director, 1983 - 1984Starting as an entry level production person, I quickly evolved to production and traffic management as well as art direction.
Kelly Ludwig is a graphic designer by trade, a collector of self-taught art, an instructor at the Kansas City Art Institute and road trip fool by passion …
She has blended her love of photography, design and travel experiences with the latest technology, and created two travel apps for the iPhone, “Best Road Trip Ever” and “Road Trip 66.” Her photographs have been exhibited in a number of museums.