Embarcadero and Delphi/C++Builder/RAD Studio - I think they have done a great job with the product since taking ownership and give them the thumbs up. Man I would really like to get off the upgrade thing and re-installation of components merry go round but I think that could be something we see improved soon. Just answer on one side of the fence or the other: yea or nay.
4 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 21 previous comments
- Lars FosdalOwnerFireDAC is an awesome upgrade over ADO. Multiplatform is nice. Fire Monkey was shite, but is looking better. JSON, REST, DataSnap, Tethering is useful.Apr 13, 2015
- Lars FosdalOwnerAlso, the releases since XE5 has had a lot of fixes.Apr 13, 2015
- Firemonkey framework is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G :DApr 13, 2015
- : "10 releases / 3 additions of value(!) "
Your premise is incorrect.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8460037Apr 16, 2015
- I voted Yes because I think that EMB has some good ideas for Delphi, but I have to say I am rather disappointed with the quality. I like Castalia in XE7, but it is not very stable and I occasionally have complete lockups, which I have never experienced before with Delphi. Have to reboot machine to exit. I was hoping that this would be sorted out in XE8, but it seems things have got worse. I can only hope that EMB brings out an update soon. EMB needs to jack up their development team.Apr 16, 2015
- Unfortunately, this has been the story of Castalia for years. I applaud Jacob's efforts, but they are not up to the quality standard it needs to be. My hope is he will have direct access to behind the IDE scenes code to improve the product and shape IDE's tool support where needed.Apr 16, 2015
Add a comment...