I've been calculating the growth rate of G+ for some time now at a website that I myself host : http://plus.miernicki.com and if you would like to plug this data into another application, you can access the raw data from : http://plus.miernicki.com/plus and http://plus.miernicki.com/minus (both JSON data feeds).
To just say is just about numbers would definitely be doing it a disservice. In the 3+ years I've been here, I've made tons of friends, shared countless stories, and photographs with a wide and varied group of people... and to that I say, "Here's to the next 2 Billion users!"
Shared publicly - Sep 19, 2012
10 reasons why google should outrightly buy whatsapp.
1. its the fastest and perhaps biggest instant messaging platform.
2. the next biggest area adword could hit is instant messaging apps.
3. whatsapp is the next facebook in terms of social engagement
4. google needs to quickly expand to developing markets where instant messaging is a big hit.
5. to avoid whatsapp falling in the hands of rivals like apple or msoft.
6. google could easily deploy other related services such as google voice, gtalk, g+ messeger, gmail via whatsapp and profoundly change how we consume social media.
7. whatsapp could be difficult to buy in future just like twitter.
8. there is serious potential in location based advertising
9. google talk is more of an enterprise app now so google needs a new tool for consumers.
10. its a strategic move for the future of social apps.
- National University of Science and Technology
- Midlands State University
I am a great fan of science, in fact I studied university physics a decade ago. I love science and its application in everyday life fascinate me even more. I think science is clean, invariant, peaceful and so truthful. The greatest pleasure has been living in the era where science application has been so profound. From Curiosity (Nasa’s rover on Mars), medicine, computer science, wireless technology. It’s been such a true testimony of what science can do. I would love to see some day Africans getting into advanced science in space technology, medicine computer science and all areas that matter.
I am a self taught digital SLR photographer, I know what a good photograph looks like. I also know what it takes to get an excellent photo, but I consider myself a newbie in this area. Everyday brings something new. I am always willing learning.
When something exciting brews in my head, I always want to share it if I believe it’s of value to others. I recently started micro-blogging on google+ and I love it so much!! That’s what brings me on google+ almost daily. I enjoy talking about how technology reconfigures human behaviour and social traits. I have met lots of people on google+ and I am literally connected to all the people that matter in the universe, technologists, scientists, educators, hobbyists, friends and family. I use google services extensively. I got an invitation several months after google launched gmail and since then I have been on google. I have many gmail alerts that feed me with all that’s going on around me and I am well read on current affairs. I love google and many of its products, android, chrome, Motorola and cloud services.
I hope someday to make some contribution in a little way to the technology industry as a telecommunications engineer which is my current area of study at MSU,a university in Zimbabwe..