Check it out here: http://www.flipkart.com/clothing/iit-guwahati~brand/pr?p=sort%3Dpopularity&sid=2oq#jumpTo=1596|19
Tell us what do you think about the designs or if you feel there is something missing ?
Catch him live this Saturday, 24th August at 5pm, Institute Auditorium, IIT Guwahati
#JaiTechniche #Ideate #Nurture #Kindle
Time: 7 PM
Day1: Friday 30th August
- An initiative of Montage - The photography club of IIT Guwahati
The one thing that we all do is capturing the best moments of our time
spent during the vacations. Montage - The Photography Club of IIT Guwahati takes the initiative to make a collection of Internship/Holiday Photographs taken by the members of IITG family!
Anyone who is interested in sharing his experience and photographs here is always welcome to send his/her holiday/internship photographs at email@example.com
#montage #photography #iitgclub #summerinternship
The history of IIT Guwahati traces its roots to the 1985 Assam Accord signed between the All Assam Students Union and the Govt. of India, which mentions the general improvement in education facilities in Assam and specifically the setting up of an IIT.
IITG was established in 1994 by an act of parliament and its academic programme commenced in 1995. IITG admitted its first batch of students into its Bachelor of Technology programme in 1995. The selection process was the same as that of all IITs, i.e. through the Joint Entrance Examination. In 1998, the first batch of students were accepted into the Master of Technology program through the GATE.
The campus of IITG is situated on the northern banks of Brahmaputra and abuts the North Guwahati town of Amingaon.
The Logo-An Identity,Read the story behind it:http://goo.gl/qFqSa
IIT Guwahati houses the following departments:
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Civil Engineering(CE)
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Department of Design
- Department of Electronics & Electrical Engineering (previously known as Department of Electronics and Communication)
- Department of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Physics
IITG is home to six centres of research.
- Centre for Educational Technology
- Centre for Nanotechnology
- Centre for Mass Media Communication
- Central Instruments Facility
- Centre for Energy
- Centre for the Environment
Presently there are about 3865 students on rolls, 290 faculty members and 300 support staff.
Every year the students and administration of IIT Guwahati together organize and number of festivals and competitions. Techniche and Alcheringa are the conducted on a very large scale and are growing in terms of participation and sponsors.Techniche
Techniche is an annual techno-management festival of IIT Guwahati. Techniche is held in September every year over three days. Techniche provides students from schools and colleges across India a platform to interact with many experts in subject areas through its lecture series. It has been attended by P. Chidambaram, Kiran Bedi, H. C. Verma, Mike Fincke, John C. Mather and others. Techniche ’10 was held from September 2 to September 5. Techniche ’12 will be held from August 30 to September 2, 2012.
Alcheringa is the annual cultural festival of the IITG. It is held for 4 nights and 3 days generally on the first weekend of February. Started in 1996 by a bunch of IITG students, Alcheringa has a footfall of more than 40,000 and a participation from 150 colleges from across the country.
- Manthan, the annual inter-hostel cultural festival
- Alfaaz, the annual literary festival
- Kriti, the annual inter-hostel technical festival
- Spardha, the annual inter-hostel sports fest
- Performing Arts Festival (PAF), the annual performing arts festival
- AdvayaPG the PG fest.
Besides these, Inter-IIT Sports Meet is held annually every winter among the Indian Institutes of Technology. The Meet is hosted by each of the IITs in turn. In 2006, IIT Guwahati hosted the 42nd Inter-IIT Sports Meet for the first time.
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati Guwahati 781039 Assam, India