There is no question that "policing" needs to change in the United States. Protesters across the America, with an important message, have been hard-at-work, building progress, to stimulate real change. I'm disappointed that these gangs, looters and rioters, not protesters, are taking hostage of the narrative.
We can do better.
More: Whether it's a riot after a game at the University of Arizona (http://goo.gl/VWPtuD) or the current #BaltimoreRiots, this disorder and violence is not okay.
Knowing how the media works, the gang members, looters, and rioters will be equated to the non-violent protesters and all of the people who have worked so diligently and been so persistent protesting will see it all lost.
One step forward, two steps back.
"Early this morning, Nepal experienced the worst earthquake in its history, registering 7.8 on the Richter Scale. Current reports are that over 1,000 people were killed. It's a terrible tragedy.
Sadly, we lost one of our own in this tragedy. a long-time member of the Privacy organization in Mountain View, was in Nepal with three other Googlers, hiking Mount Everest. He has passed away. The other three Googlers with him are safe and we are working to get them home quickly.
The Crisis Response team has launched Person Finder for Nepal, and is working to get updated satellite imagery to aid in the recovery effort. Google.org is committing $1M to the response, and we’ll have gift-matching available soon.
Our thoughts are with the people of Nepal, and with Dan’s family and friends during this terrible time."
Linda Thompson, Bruce Jenner's second wife, recounts, in detail, her time with Bruce Jenner. It's a fascinating read and provides great context into their time together and beyond, but it's what she said at the end (below) about compassion, diversity and humanity that really resonated with me.
In article, she states: "My hope and my prayer is that humanity has evolved enough and been properly educated to exercise kindness toward those who have struggled or who we may perceive to be 'different.' Our uniqueness, our individuality, and our life experience molds us into fascinating beings. I hope we can embrace that. I pray we may all challenge ourselves to delve into the deepest resources of our hearts to cultivate an atmosphere of understanding, acceptance, tolerance, and compassion. We are all in this life together."
#BruceJennerABC #BeTogetherNotTheSame #BornThisWay
- The George Washington UniversityInternational Affairs, 2013 - presentInternational Affairs Major | Computer Science Minor GWU The Elliott School of International Affairs GWU The School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
- Desert Mountain High SchoolHigh School, 2009 - 2013Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate program
- Cheyenne Traditional SchoolElementary & Middle School, 2003 - 2009
Vision: Create a future in which empowered citizens morally act with integrity and spread happiness.
Comments that simply disagree with other opinions (and is viewed as offensive solely based on this fact) will not be removed as I encourage everyone with any viewpoint to comment.
- Google Student Ambassador, 2014 - presentAct as liaison between Google and The George Washington University. | Learn about innovative Google products and programs. | Plan and host fun events on campus. | Act as a campus contact for Google teams. | Help Google better understand each university’s culture.
- Akira TechnologiesStudent Analyst, 2014 - 2015Analyze and optimize current business operations with Google Apps | Work together with VARS team to complete administrative office work | Collect and manage data to generate reports for review by management and VARS team
- Boy Scouts Camp Emerald BayService Staff Summer Manager and Counselor, 2014 - 2014Lead 3 staff members to operate clean, efficient and prompt dining and laundry services.
- Ethical ElectricEnrollment Specialist, 2013 - 2014Handled and resolved 1,000+ customer inquiries about clean energy.
- Boy Scouts Camp Emerald BaySummer Camp Counselor, 2011 - 2013Mentored and instructed 100+ Scouts weekly and trained in customer service and leadership.
Everything you thought about Taylor Swift's dating life is wrong
Like DEAD wrong. Make that mind a blank space!
Pinnacle High students demand answers in alleged sex assault
They organized it all on Twitter last night, and this morning about 100 students at Pinnacle High School protested. They were demanding answ
Google apologizes for the Android robot peeing on an Apple logo in Googl...
In a statement to The Washington Post, Google has apologized for the image of its Android mascot urinating on an Apple logo that was pointed
Exclusive Look Inside the Four Seasons’ New Private Jet
Here’s what you get for an $119,000 around-the-world ticket
George W. Bush Once Let a Soldier’s Mom Yell at Him. The Reason Why is H...
"That mama sure was mad at me ... I don’t blame her a bit.”
Hey, why not phone your dead loved ones with Facebook's new 'Hello' call...
Facebook on Wednesday launched a new caller ID and phone call dialer app for Android. iPhone users, this isn't for you: iOS won't give up th
Justine Musk Reveals Exactly What it Takes to Be as Great as Elon Musk
Earlier this month, the following question was posed on Quora: “How can I be as great as Bill Gates, Steve…
Why Did Taylor Swift Make Time's 100 Most Influential People Of The Year...
Who doesn't love Taylor Swift? We take a look at why the 25-year-old is so popular.