The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) is comprised of more than 500 leading media and technology companies that are responsible for selling 86% of online advertising in the United States. On behalf of its members, the IAB is dedicated to the growth of the interactive advertising marketplace, of interactive’s share of total marketing spend, and of its members’ share of total marketing spend. The IAB educates marketers, agencies, media companies and the wider business community about the value of interactive advertising. Working with its member companies, the IAB evaluates and recommends standards and practices and fields critical research on interactive advertising. Founded in 1996, the IAB is headquartered in New York City with a Public Policy office in Washington, D.C. For more information, please visitwww.iab.net.
The IAB has six core objectives:
- Fend off adverse legislation and regulation
- Coalesce around market-making measurement guidelines and creative standards
- Create common ground with customers to reduce costly friction in the supply chain
- Share best practices that foster industry-wide growth
- Generate industry-wide research and thought leadership that solidifies Interactive as a mainstream medium
- Create countervailing force to balance power of other media, marketing, and agency trade groups
For a complete list of IAB Members as well as the Councils, Committees and Working Groups who are actively shaping the interactive industry, please visit the IAB Member Center.