Ed Roberts explains why you should check a candidate's references and provides 5 questions he always asks. http://bit.ly/XvmhbP
We make an award-winning magazine and a host of products and events created to serve the business, creativity and technology needs of graphic designers, whether they work for a design firm, for an in-house creative department or for themselves.
HOW magazine provides a practical mix of essential business information, up-to-date technology tips, the creative whys and hows behind noteworthy projects, and profiles of professionals who are influencing design.
HOW Books provide advice, inspiration, tools and entertainment for creative people. While we publish a variety of books, the common thread is our dedication to top-notch design. HOW books are intriguing, useful, beautiful, provocative — or all of the above.
HOWdesign.com is the source for everything HOW. Find out what’s in the newest issue of the magazine, read web-only features, check out the latest posts from our blogs and forum and keep track of competition deadlines and conference dates.
Subscribe to HOW’s free e-newsletter and get creative inspiration, career advice and business strategy delivered right to your inbox.
Stay connected to HOW every day. Whether you work at a design firm, run a freelance business or manage a team of in-house creatives, we have a blog to bring you the latest news, events and expert advice to keep you on top of your game.
- The latest design events, news, competitions and more for all designers
- Inspiring design work from around the world
- Top 10 Websites for Designers every month
- Advice and inspiration for the in-house design community
- Focused on the unique challenges and opportunities of the in-house environment
- Hosted by Andy Epstein
- Business advice and inspiration for the creatively self-employed
- Focused on the needs of freelance designers, illustrators, writers, photographers and other creatives
- Hosted by Ilise Benun (www.marketing-mentor.com)
HOW Events include the HOW Design Conference, InHOWse Managers Conference, Creative Freelancer Conference, The Dieline Package Design Conference and the HOW Interactive Design Conference. Get the inspiration, information and instruction you need to build a successful career and create outstanding work, and network with an even broader group of creative professionals.
MyDesignShop.com offers a one-stop shop for design books and tools, including discounted Pantone products and Moleskine notebooks.