== General ==
Self-Casting Functionality Added
+ Players may now bind self-cast versions of all abilities and item slots in the options menu, allowing the functionality of pressing the self-cast key to automatically cast an ability on one's hero.
Keybind Options Restructured
+ The Keybinds portion of the options menu has been reworked to allow an easier time finding relevant hotkeys.
+ All commonly used hotkeys (Abilities and Item slots etc.) are now positioned at the top of the Keybinds menu for easy access.
== Balance ==
New heroes added to Tournament Rules
- Keeper of the Forest
- Night Hound
Keeper of the Forest
+ Keeper came out the gate strong and had a few tedious mechanics that were no longer necessary. We also wanted to allow Keeper to push towers a bit faster as competitors felt he was lacking a presence in high tier games. All in all these changes are meant to just tighten his kit and capabilities.
Nature's Sentinel (W)
- Is now disabled for 3 seconds when taking damage from enemy player-controlled units
- The skill only goes on a full cooldown when killed if the kill was made while it was disabled
- Creeps and Neutrals no longer disable the ability
- Damage reduced from 25 + 5% of your attack damage to 10 + 5%
- Can now attack buildings and towers
- Max health restored per tree lowered from 0.3% to 0.25%
== Community ==
Summer Silver Discounts
+ Continuing until August 24th Merrick will be discounting different avatars at 50% off their original silver price. If you've been hoarding silver and waiting for a chance to spend it, now's the time!
Double Diamond Odds
+ For the extent of the patch Merrick will be stirring up the action by doubling the odds of the Diamond chest in Plinko. There's no better time to try your luck!
HoN Tour Season 4
+ The fourth edition of the official competitive circuit for Heroes of Newerth has begun! With a multi-divisional format, there are opportunities for both amateurs and professionals in HoN Tour. Grab your friends and head over to hontour for more information.
== Matchmaking Maps & Modes ==
Forests of Caldavar
- All Pick
- Single Draft
- Balanced Random
- Blind Ban
- All Random
- Blind Ban
- On a 5v5 Grimm's Crossing map
== New Content ==
= THE PARAGONS =
+ The Paragons are a faction of ancient, elemental guardians from the isolated Isle of Argentia. They embody the wisdom, emotion, and power of the earth, and the flesh of each Paragon has been overtaken by veins of crystals that hold a strong connection to the planet. They have refused to enter the wars among Man, Beast, and Daemon for fear that if captured, their bodies could be used as conduits to feed death and corruption directly into the earth.
+ But with King Jeraziah driven to the brink of his faith and needing someone to counter the self-righteous destruction of the URSA Corps, he summons The Paragons, knowing that once they see the state of Newerth they will be forced to join the fight against the Hellbourne as well.
The Paragons and HoN Tour Season 4
- The Paragons are a collection of avatars designed to support HoN Tour Season 4.
- Three weeks before each cycle one avatar and five upgrades will be released into Plinko in order to increase the prize pool for that cycle.
- During that time, 20% of the Plinko revenue raised will go towards that cycle's prize pool and 5% will be stored away to bolster the Grand Finals' Prize Pool.
- Each Paragon avatar can be upgraded up to 5 times by acquiring upgrades.
- Upgrades will become available in the Paragon Chest in Plinko after you own the respective Paragon Avatar.
New Paragon Empath Avatar: Emerald Paragon Empath
+ Deeply attuned to the earth's power of rebirth, the Emerald Paragon seeks only to preserve the natural balance of Newerth. However, if restoring and maintaining that balance requires the decimation of the mindless warmongers tearing the world apart, so be it.
1. Essence Link Upgrade: Crystals added to the ability effect.
2. Illusory Veil Upgrade: Crystals pop out of the base for the upgraded effect.
3. Synergy Upgrade: She goes from having no effects, like other Empath avatars, to having a swirling green mist at her feet and crystals floating around her.
4. As One Upgrade: She gains crystals that swirl around her as she possesses someone.
5. Carnage Counter Upgrade: Dazzle all of Newerth with a running display of your all-time kills and assists with your Paragon avatars!
Paragon Shop Updates
- The Plinko board has been updated in honor of the Paragons' arrival.
- A new Paragon Plinko Chest has been added, replacing the Bronze Chest.
New Ultimate Thunderbringer Avatar: The Five Thunder Emperors of Caldavar
+ The Five Thunder Emperors of Caldavar - East, South, West, North, and Center - have been summoned by the Thunderbringer shamans to wield their ultimate mystic energies against the rampaging Hellbourne!
+ The Five Thunder Emperors of Caldavar were designed for model transitions within the Forests of Caldavar. The transitions still occur on other maps, but the East, South, West, North, and Center designations are slightly varied.
Emperor of the North
- Appears when the hero is in the northern Hellbourne area of Caldavar, above the river and to the left of the middle lane.
- White spell, attack, and body effects.
Emperor of the East
- Appears when the hero is in the eastern Hellbourne area of Caldavar, above the river and to the right of the middle lane.
- Yellow spell, attack, and body effects.
Emperor of the West
- Appears when the hero is in the western Legion area of Caldavar, below the river and to the left of the middle lane.
- Red spell, attack, and body effects.
Emperor of the South
- Appears when the hero is in the southern Legion area of Caldavar, below the river and to the right of the middle lane.
- Orange spell, attack, and body effects.
Emperor of the Center
- Appears when the hero is in either base, the middle lane, and the river of Caldavar.
- Blue/Green spell, attack, and body effects.
New War Effort Reward Avatar: Forsaken Archer Death Prowler
+ The Death Prowlers come in many forms and species, but they are always a pair of terrifying enemies who employ demoralizing hit-and-run tactics to bleed their prey out. The Forsaken Prowler is no exception, using her pinpoint accuracy at any range and speed to ensure the death's head visage of her mount is the last thing her enemies see, if they see it at all.
= SUNBURN BAY =
Every year, the Inner Sea's Sunburn Bay is flooded with vacationers looking for sun, fun, and respite from the cold, bloody steel and stone of the war between the Legion and Hellbourne. The hot sand and cool waves are neutral territory, where you might find Legionnaire rubbing suntan oil on all eight of Arachna's legs. Once they leave the beach it's back to death and despair, so everyone enjoy the rest and relaxation while it lasts!
New Sunburn Bay Ward: Beach Ball Ward
+ Keep an eye out for beach party crashers with this custom ward!
New Sunburn Bay Tarot Avatar: Beach Volleyball Tarot
+ Tarot swears she isn't using her abilities when she plays beach volleyball on vacation at Sunburn Bay, but it is a bit suspicious when it seems like she knows where every serve is headed and her spikes ricochet between the other team members, who sometimes get bound together by a spontaneously materializing volleyball net. Who knows, maybe she's just lucky?
New Sunburn Bay Kane Avatar: Lifeguard Kane
+ Kane is usually obsessed with ending lives, but when he's on vacation he's all about water safety and proper SPF application. (This is absolutely because he wants to be the one doing the killing—why should the sea and sun have all the fun?) So if you find yourself getting waylaid out of the surf or called out for some one-on-one safety instructions, just go with it and be glad he doesn't give you CPR. Bad breath doesn't take a vacation.
New Sunburn Bay Sand Wraith Avatar: Surf Wraith
+ The only thing worse than being a murderous spectre of the Great Waste is fighting hand-to-hand with sand in your shorts. This is one of the many reasons the Sand Wraiths love their time at Sunburn Bay, where they can shed their heavy black robes, forget the curse of the desert for a while and hang ten - or whatever they have for toes - and wash the grit out of their groins.
New Sunburn Bay Announcer: Surfer Announcer Pack
+ Don't be a poser, brah. Grab this mondo announcer and shred some lanes!
New Ward Bundle: Classic Mid Heroes
+ These heroes love being front and center and aren't afraid of the spotlight, so grab these custom wards and show them off!
- Deadwood: Keep the entire map within your rotten grasp with this stumpy lookout!
- Devourer: Use this pile of buzzing, stinking meat to spot the enemy, then hook 'em!
- Kraken: Extend the tentacles of your vision so you can know where to unleash!
- Gauntlet: Even with one eye Gauntlet can see all with this daemonic skull ward!
- Nomad: Wander no more -- locate the enemy and strike them down with this razor-eyed ward!
- Ravenor: Expose your opponents and overwhelm them with this ward of crackling lightning!
New POGs Avatar: War Beast
- These high-definition skins will be released one-per-patch and will be available via the store, Plinko, or both, depending upon the region.
== Bug Fixes & Optimizations ==
- Statement "By Logging in and accessing our product, you agree to the EULA" added to login screen, along with a link to the HoN end-user license agreement.
- Hovering over the HoN button at the lower-left corner of a heropet's hero portrait (e.g. Fire and Ice heropets from Gemini) will properly display their primary attribute information.
- The post-match rewards screen will no longer be displayed for mentors and spectators
- Health bars now display correctly when changing them to another color in the Options > Interface menu
- Skrap's detailed tooltips now properly explain Vorax lifetime and Restoration Stone interaction.
- Bramble's detailed tooltips now properly explain Restoration Stone interaction.