We so excited to have him on and already have a million questions buzzing around our heads! You too can ask questions in advance or join us as we talk live on air. A couple other guests may join us too!
Every week come join our new Hangout on Air series, The Creators, where we talk to people working in creative fields on how-tos in their work, what their day to day life entails, and how they got there.
Use #TheCreators to follow along on Twitter and add us on Google + so you can join in our hangouts https://plus.google.com/u/1/b/109828369042677228609/109828369042677228609/
To tell you a little more about Steve, here is part of the bio from his blog:
Steve Ince is an award-nominated Writer-Designer with 19 years of game development experience.
Starting out as an artist at Revolution Software, he moved over to production before settling into a writing and design role. He has played an important part in the success of a number of critically acclaimed games, including Beneath a Steel Sky, Broken Sword and In Cold Blood.
Broken Sword – The Sleeping Dragon was a highlight of Steve’s time at Revolution. The game was awarded Game of the Year by the UK national newspaper, The Independent, as well as receiving three BAFTA nominations, including Best Game Design.
Sounds cool huh? Well he is! As is this recent piece he wrote that says all the reasons we NEED writers working on games: http://www.steve-ince.co.uk/blog/?p=1284
- Red on Black ProductionsFounder, 2007 - present
- The EconomistDirector of Content Strategy, North America, 2014 - presentDetermine strategy for large programs as part of the Content Solutions team.
- Social@OgilvyVP, Head of Social Content and Strategy, 2013 - 2014Heather leads the development of global practice content as well as delivering social strategy for clients and new business development. Based in our New York City headquarters, she is a key member of the global team at Social@Ogilvy - Ogilvy’s social media marketing and communications practice. The world’s largest network of social media strategists, the team believes in the power and impact of truly integrated social media business solutions.
- EconsultancyEditorial Director, 2011 - 2013
- Weber ShandwickSVP, Global Integration, Mediaco, 2014 - 2015Led multi-region projects integrating content, PR, social, digital, events, and training
Heather is currently at the Economist and is the Director of Content Strategy there.
When at Social@Ogilvy she lead the development of global practice content as well as delivering social strategy for clients and new business development. Based in our New York City headquarters, she is a key member of the global team at Social@Ogilvy - Ogilvy’s social media marketing and communications practice. The world’s largest network of social media strategists, the team believes in the power and impact of truly integrated social media business solutions.
She has developed and executed social media and communications strategy for PayPal UK, giffgaff, and the BBC. Most recently, Heather was the North American Editorial Director for Econsultancy, a global online publication for digital marketers with a monthly audience of over half a million readers. At the BBC, Heather brought 60 corporate websites into one central award winning site and trained over 200+ communications staff on crisis communications in social media. As social media lead at PayPal UK, she developed a social media platform for consumers (integrating audio, video and written content) alongside an integrated Lithium forum managed by the PayPal customer service team, a first for PayPal globally. Heather has recently been included as one of the voices of Microsoft's Business Reimagined in 2013.
Heather’s most successful foray into social media came after the London riots, when she amassed over 500 people in South London to clean their streets. This group, branded the Broom Army, hit front papers around the world and Heather was awarded a Local Heroes award for her efforts. Her twitter handle is: @HeatherATaylor
- City University, LondonMasters in Scriptwriting, 2006 - 2008