Hammer Nutrition Sponsored Athlete Howie Nordström modified a Food Matters Recipe for a yummy #foodiefriday
• 1.5 cups homemade rice or almond milk
• 1/4 cup walnuts
• 1/4 avocado
• 2 Tbsp chia seeds
• 1-2 Tbsp raw cacao powder (more cacao = more intense chocolate taste)
• 1 Tbsp raw cacao nibs
• 1/2-1 Tbsp maple syrup (I like mine less sweet)
• 1 heaping tsp maca powder
• 1/4 tsp cinnamon
• pinch of vanilla powder (or essence)
• 1 scoop Hammer Nutrition Vegan protein powder (chocolate OR vanilla: if vanilla, go heavier on the cacao powder)
• a few walnuts
• 1 heaping tsp raw cacao nibs
1. Blend all but the topping ingredients until really smooth.
2. Pour into desired bowl or glass(es).
3. Top with cacao nibs and walnuts.
4. Allow to cool in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to allow the chia seeds to soften (making them easier to digest), and to set up a bit more.
-This recipe was recreated by Howie Nordstrom