Google Guava . hung out with 10 people. <a class='ot-hashtag' href='https://plus.google.com/s/%23hangoutsonair'>#hangoutsonair</a>Chris Povirk, Kurt Alfred Kluever, Jesse Wilson, Kevin Bourrillion, Emily Soldal, Mike Duigou, Google Guava ., Brittany Parker, Andreas Petersson, and Etienne Neveu
9 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 18 previous comments
- I don't think you have to worry that you offended anyone :)
I know for a fact that some of the Guava team members are avid developers in other non-Java languages :)Jul 31, 2012
- I am glad you asked that question because it was one that I had in mind.
Incidentally, what are the most annoying "limitations" you encounter with Java?Jul 31, 2012
- The Interface Injection that I spoke of was part of JSR-292 Da Vinci Machine - http://openjdk.java.net/projects/mlvm/subprojects.html#InterfaceInjectionJul 31, 2012
- Some of the limitations from the top of my head: verbosity (e.g. getters/setters), non reified generics (due to backward compatibility), no built-in null handling, arrays and primitive types which should have been objects, the default visibility for fields and methods should have been private. On the plus side, closures are coming in Java 8, for shorter code :)Jul 31, 2012
- Wow. Just watched the video, and it was a lot of fun. And now I can point and say, "that's my team," to friends and family. :) But seriously, I enjoyed it, and thought it was a great introduction to the team, to the ideas and style of how the team thinks, how we approach the problems Guava is intended to solve, what the limits are on what we want for Guava, etc.
And, of course, there was the requisite maven pot-shot at the end. ;)Aug 1, 2012
- It was on my checklist. :-)Aug 1, 2012
Add a comment...