Internet access has been completely cut off in Syria in the past few hours. Mobile phones and landlines may not be working properly either. But those who still have a phone connection can still use Speak2Tweet by leaving a voicemail on one of these international phone numbers (+90 212 339 1447 or +30 21 1 198 2716 or +39 06 62207294 or +1 650 419 4196). Press 1 to leave a voicemail and # when you’re done, and the service will tweet the message. No Internet connection is required, and people can listen to the messages by dialing the same phone numbers or going to twitter.com/speak2tweet.
671 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 108 previous comments
- good for you...speaking up as a female, regardless of country, is just as important as what anyone else says, regardless of gender, ethnicity, location of residence, creed, etc....and those who are self-righteous need to look in the mirror before they open their mouths (or use their fingers) to degrade another human being
the point is for us to know, and use our collective influence as a world-wide web global village to be the heralds and also to do what can be done by ordinary citizens of this world to help out those in the rest of our "village" regardless of circumstances or nationality, think how you would feel and what you would hope be happening behind the scenes of the web, if this happened to you and your country...wouldn't you want those of other countries to kibbitz for you and make web access possible again?
in all countries, there are those who would like to make it possible for people to not have access to widespread communication and news media, so that they can filter what their residents and citizens hear, read and see...as such, it is a tool of dominance over a selected population by those who wish to have near total to total domination of that area...in essence, they want neither the world nor their own people to know what's going on both in the world and in that area. Syria is just the latest of a long line...hopefully those hackers that you speak of, who are not controlled by the Syrian government, will find a way to break through the media blackout, as well as those from outside of Syria are looking for a way to break through the media from the outside.
to start this post as was done, i believe was an indirect call to action to tear the wall down...the wall of media control. let's hope i am right, and that both ends working against the middle connect so that Syrians can once again be connected to the rest of the world and share whatever has been REALLY going on.Jun 21, 2013
- the Syrians aren't those people in the media some of them are eating from the trash and some are looking for their family....hah no we have technologies we have powers and Dr.bashar AL-Assad isn't a dictator maybe his father was a dictator but now his changing Syria he is trying to drive Syria to the top but
no hope because he has allots of assholes in the government and in the country huh we couldn't understand what can the money do if we gave it to the poor people it makes them eat humans realy they completely turned to monsters but the Syrian army and Iran and Russia are ready for the fight .... they are cutting the communications on us to mute our voice they are planning for some thing and i hope syria will stay strong and we r not terrorists we love the people of america but not the government..... we want peace just peace so please Google don't do that...
because we don't want to any body
and sorry if i had a spell mistakes
Jun 21, 2013
- don't worry about spelling mistakes...i've seen much worse (unfortunately) from those born here...keep working on it tho...you seem like a smart kid :)Jun 24, 2013
- tnx .... im a 3ds max designer and im a good programmerJun 25, 2013
- Dec 8, 2014
- lbunlarin hepsini silinDec 8, 2014
- Jan 1, 2016