Today at an event with President Obama, we announced the Little Box Challenge, a $1 million prize to develop the next generation of power inverters. This prize is one of Google’s many efforts to advance a clean energy future. We have a goal of powering our operations with 100% renewable energy, and to that end have contracted over a gigawatt of wind energy for our data centers. Beyond powering our own operations, we’ve also committed over $1 billion to 16 renewable energy projects around the world. Keep an eye on www.littleboxchallenge.com for more information in the coming months!
1175 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 56 previous comments
- 97 % efficiency can be achieved but should be calculated when load is greater then 50% of rated capacity.May 26, 2014
- So, what are the technical requirements? Hopefully it won't be another blef like SunShot Initiative.May 26, 2014
- I have a new study for wind energy, does not affect the environmental landscape, not weather dependent, it works 24/24 ,so the voltage ( DC ) ,always stability ' as fin , not necessarily need to be complicated inverterJun 8, 2014
- I was thinking exactly the same ;-) inverter companies beware :-DJun 10, 2014
- i think i can handle itJul 6, 2014
- Has there been any progress or some announcements regarding applications?Mar 22, 2015
Add a comment...