Thanks for all the reports and suggestions which shaped this release.
Notable highlights in this release include:
- Improved recurrence options for scheduled transactions
- Basic reports generation (with bar, pie and line charts)
- Scheduled export to SD Card, DropBox or Google Drive
- Improved creation of backups and restoring of backups
- Improved reliability of account imports and db migrations
- Numerous bug fixes and improvements
I look forward to your feedback!
Changes in this #beta include:
- New view for managing scheduled exports/backups
- Improved reliability of xml imports
- Display report charts per currency
- Some bug fixes
Note: There is a breaking change from previous betas which affects those who have scheduled transactions.
If you have made backups with previous betas, when you restore them with this version, your scheduled transactions may not be restored. Parsing of credit/debit-formulas was too unpredictable and causing crashes and had to go. Now we use credit/debit-numerics.
(personal and small-business financial-accounting software)
* New upstream version
The following bugs are fixed:
619899 - Use normal gettext or intltool toolchain also for scm files
649933 - Creating cash flow report takes a long tim
672760 - Postponed transaction applied invalid date
721196 - CSV. Cannot import lines with empty fields for deposit or
withdrawal in bank transaction download.
723409 - Incorrect symbol for Turkish lira
727466 - The symbol of CNY changed to 元
727647 - "gncInvoiceGetTotal" is not read-only function?
731889 - guile 2 exports different autoconf macros than what is expected
733685 - Fancy Date Format doesn't stick
738749 - Broken account template en_GB/uk-vat.gnucash-xea.
739228 - Advanced Portfolio report: wrong calculation of Value Correctly
convert the value into the report's currency.
739584 - gnucash-2.6.4 segfaults regularly on transfer .
740471 - Applying payment to invoice Segmentation fault
741228 - "Red line" threshold applies to Template scheduled transactions
741810 - Compilation fails because of creating .gnucash
742089 - Decimal places. Set the debit and credit cells' print_info to
the account so that the decimal places are correct for the commodity.
742332 - German tax report uses US tax quarters and not real quarters.
742624 - Scheduled Transaction Editor results in immediate segfault
743609 - Add configure options to disable libsecret detection
743807 - Stops critical error messages.
745265 - Segfault in generate_statusbar_lastmodified_message on Windows.
Actually change the default date format without AM/PM
745354 - Enhance the Find Transactions dialog. Make it possible to define
search criteria that consist of multiple terms anded or ored together.
Use this to define a new criterion to look for specified text in any of
the Description, Notes, or Memo fields
746517 - gnc-sql-backend.c compile fails with -Werror=format-nonliteral.
Use GCC pragma to disable the warning in the one place that trips it
746977 - scm ccache files should be in pkglibdir not pkgdatadir.
Other repairs that weren't reported in bugs:
- Let CPAN and ActiveState package managers take care of dependencies
instead of explicitly installing a few of them directly.
- Correct the number field displayed in the reconcile window to
correspond with the source specified in File->Options
- Fix some bugs found by SWIG version 3.0.5. Prior to version 3.0.3 SWIG
silently ignored invalid preprocessor directives
- Scrubbing Improvements, including avoiding a potential infinite loop.
- Remove build and run of no-longer-existant intl-scm/guile-strings.
- Rewrite gnc-test-env in perl. This eliminates another guile dependency
in the build chain.
- Switch from guile to xml to manage our iso-currencies source file
- Numeric values with more than commodity smallest fraction get silently
- Update US Income Tax data to reflect minor changes for 2014
- Advanced portfolio should respect report date when looking for other
- Improve income and expense reporting in advanced portfolio report
- Accept prices of the form n.nnne[+-]nn, i.e. with an exponent. An
example requiring this is currency conversion from IDR to USD
- Added Lithuanian language business accounts
- Fix crash when running check & repair on an open AP/AR register
Designed to be easy to use, yet powerful and flexible, GnuCash allows you to track bank accounts, stocks, income and expenses. As quick and intuitive to use as a checkbook register, it is based on professional accounting principles to ensure balanced books and accurate reports.