Here it comes... long awaited Fedora 18 Spherical Cow is released! Download it, use it, share it!
824 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 133 previous comments
- I love the name!Jan 17, 2013
- : the search actually queries a number of fields from the associated .desktop file, so it may not be obvious why certain choices come up after only one letter. For instance, gedit comes up when you hit 'X' because the GenericName field contains "Text Editor," and the GNOME control panel for Printers comes up when you hit 'Q' because the Keywords field contains "Queue."Jan 18, 2013
- Alas; still glow with pride each notice or success or new applications for my first major, mission critical tux distro loved.. from tiny moment on rh8, where I discovered #fedoracore 1, 2, 3, & 4!
I was so linux environment non-savvy back then; that I didn't conceptualize the concept of DE's (desktop environments) enough to realize I could run kde DE on fedora, albeit back then, fedora was gnome centric by default.
Thus when #SUSE92 (SUSE 9.2) 5-CD Trial set arrived via postal mail (kde-centric DE by default), over a holiday weekend, I gave it a shot.
Being a rare breed of #GUIdependent , yet huge fan of efficient keyboard-shortcut and hotkey multi-tasking PC operations that always amazed all my inefficient mouse-dependent (pronounced SLOW!) peers, kde was the bomb up-tick on said operational and data-input efficiencies! SOLD / CONVERTED!
All that lame0 blathering to say.. I've never forgotten my peers and heroes in Freenode.net's #fedora IRC channel's years of helping this non-command-line savvy sod through his #microSUCKs - to - tux migrations! I have never looked back thanks to nicks SouthernGent & thingfish & Sonar_Guy & Sonar_Gal (and many many more!) & even those nasty, rude, but infrequently helpful elitists that used to abuse me through to my earliest days of love of the #OpenSourceFTW communities I've been evangelizing & contributing too since!
Gawd save the fedora distro! Long live #fedora !!_ ;]]]
Your Fan & Evangelist Forevermore,
#tech9inerJan 23, 2013
- Fedora, I am disappointed. It has been a few years since I thought a release was bad.
Lots of bugs, lots of silly UI stuff.
The thing I liked about fedora is that all the features had a functional reason, there are lots of things in this release that make using the system horrid whilst trying to make it look nice.
-A linux user for more than a decadeJan 28, 2013
- I'm I the only one having trouble opening VLC after putting the system to sleep?Jan 30, 2013
- What the hell u all talking aboutJun 8, 2013