✓⃝ Gay, progressive/leftist, atheist/secular Jewish–New Yorker fascinated with language, old and/or ethnic music, gay historical research etc.
Gay, progressive/leftist Jewish–New Yorker seeks your love and affection.
I am a gay, ideologically progressive Jewish–New Yorker, born in the Bronx of partly Ashkenazi
and partly Mizraḥi
ancestry. I am involved in the “bear” community. I moved to the neighborhood of Ramat Ben Yaʻaqob רמת בן יעקב (a.k.a Jackson Heights
, Queens) in 2008 and am now involved in the social organizations here.
▸ Linguistics, particularly orthography, etymology and phonology.
▸ Atheism and Humanism, particularly the preservation by secularization of Jewish, Near Eastern, Central Asian and North African culture.
▸ Jewish, Near Eastern, Central Asian and North African music!
▸ Documentary photography. Look at all the pictures I’ve taken!
☞ My e-mail address is not elyaqim at gmail dot com! Someone else is receiving your letters to me if you send them to that address. I am also not the person with the user name elyaqim on Twitter.
☞ I tend to overuse characters beyond Unicode’s Basic Multilingual Plane in my content. If you see rectangles (▯▯▯▯) or question marks (????) in my text, you may want to download a free font that supports those characters.
From my ’blog
Elyaqim Mosheh Adam (a.k.a. Mark) is a gay Jewish–New Yorker who promotes his photography, videography and writing here, and who may be reasonably expected to write on any combination of the following:
• Gay/Queer, including ursine, topics;
• Jewish, Near Eastern, North African, Central Asian and Caucasian topics;
• Linguistics, particularly as relevant to the populations mentioned above;
• Progressive or Leftist topics;
• Atheist, Humanist, Naturalist, Bright or otherwise secular topics;
• History, with the understanding that the topic includes his own personal experiences, however mundane they may be, in and occasionally out of his beloved native city.