Especially number 5!
We all know that every social network is different. Each network has it's own set of unspoken bylaws and they aren't always 100% obvious.
In this post I list the 5 things that I believe to be the most crucial things to avoid if you're trying to build a highly engaged following on Google+.
Read the full post here:
For those who like the tl;dr version:
1. Link dumping (a.k.a. link littering)
2. Ignore Community guidelines
3. Post the exact same thing to multiple communities
4. Talk Google+ "doom and gloom"
5. Use the "also send email to" feature (unwisely)
Regarding that last one, I've cited a few posts by my friends , , and . They've outlined some very savvy ways of utilizing the "Also send email..." feature without being a spammer.
At the end of the day-- use Google+ how you want. But if you're trying to build a highly engaged audience, these 5 things are a great set of guides.