AnestasiA Vodka does a complete turn around with a reformulated vodka that matches its unique and stunning bottle.
Brown Forman steps into the Rye whiskey ring full throttle with a permanent extension to the Woodford Reserve line with Woodford Reserve Rye. Drink Spirits has a review.
Ole Smoky gives a sneak peek at Blue Flame Moonshine, a new product that does a better job of delivering on the Moonshine promise. Drink Spirits has review.
Drink Spirits interviews DeLeon Tequila Distiller Miguel Cedeño Cruz.
Can Diageo rock the whisky world with a non-age stated whisky that rivals their age-stated release? Oban Little Bay may be that whisky. Drink Spirits has a review.
Drink Spirits looks into our crystal ball at the drinking trends in spirits for 2015. See what we have to say about Cuban Rum, the War on Sugar, Spirit Scandals, and more.
Here's the rundown:
Robert Burns Collection
1. Lagavulin Truffle: chocolate truffle with a pronounced peat and smoke note and a hint of Lapsang Souchong tea.
2. Macallan: a square bonbon with two layers of filling; 1, dark ganache flavored with Macallan cask strength whisky; 2, Macallan flavored pistachio almond paste; coated with dark chocolate and topped with a split pistachio (a Classic malt taste)
3. Talisker: a rectangular bonbon coated in milk chocolate with a currant as garnish; the ganache made with hazelnuts, currants and Talisker whisky. Whisky creates a nice finish of leather and smoke.
4. Springbank: a large rectangular bonbon flavored with honey and the mildest of the different scotch whiskys. The chocolate is enrobed in dark chocolate and garnished with a double fork design. Springbank whisky is medium bodied with hints of vanilla, dried pear and almost floral notes.
5. Highland Park: a square bonbon with the flavor of grapefruit blended with one of the finest all around single malt whiskys. Enrobed with dark chocolate and sprinkled with shaved milk chocolate. Highland park is the most northern distilled whisky in the world and comes from the island of Orkney. The flavor balances heather, peat, malt and citrus in a very elegant way.
6. Glenfarclas: a small rectangular bonbon with a diagonal white chocolate cross resembling the shape and look of the Scottish flag. The flavor is a medium peat whisky that is paired with dark chocolate and dried figs.
7. Lagavulin Honey Truffle: this particular honey truffle has a thin ganache center with Lagavulin instead of rum.
Drink Spirits takes a look behind the scenes of the Ultimate Spirits Challenge and discusses why it's one of the nation's best run competitions.
Jim Beam reformulates their rye whiskey (aka Jim Beam Yellow Label) into Jim Beam Pre-Prohibition Style Rye. Drink Spirits has a complete review.
After hitting a grand slam home run with Ciroc Vodka, Sean 'Diddy' Combs and Diageo try their hand at premium tequila with DeLeon Tequila. Drink Spirits has a review.
Think the TTB and DISCUS have your best interest at heart? Think again.
We started DrinkSpirits.com after noticing how many people order the same drink time and time again when they go out to a bar. The back bar with its rows and rows of bottles is intimidating and it’s often easier to stick with something you are familiar with than try something new.
We realized that there weren’t a lot of resources out there to help people explore the vast world of distilled spirits. There are few sites focused on helping people explore this amazing category of beverages. So we started DrinkSpirits.com
Drink Spirits is a spirit ‘agnostic’ site which means that, while we have our favorite spirits, we believe that there are amazing spirits within ALL categories of distilled spirits and alcohol. So if you are a #Vodka #Whisk(e)y #Tequila #Gin #Bourbon #Cognac Liqueur or anything in between drinker, you’ve got a home at Drink Spirits.