This article discusses the NIAC Spring Symposium I attended last week, featuring some of the stunning ideas receiving small grants from NASA's Innovative Advanced Concepts program (I am on the Board of Advisors). Oh there are still great ideas. Now to restore the confidence and ambition of a scientific civilization: Is NASA Boring? Not A Chance
21 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 10 previous comments
- Well, maybe it will give the Dems the gumption at last to demand REAl filibusters. If you want to stall the Senate, like "Mr. Smith"... then stand and speak on and on and on...Apr 8, 2012
- Not sure it would matter, since they could take turns. The Dems had a chance to change the rules back in early 2011, but well... yeah.
The Dems are totally Charlie Brown, and the GOP is Lucy with the football.Apr 8, 2012
- How about a constitutional amendment requiring states to make congressional districts maximally contentious (instead of maximally safe as the parties prefer)? That would force candidates to run on the center instead of the extremes.
Also, rootstrikers.org has theanticorruptionpledge.org which looks a lot more likely to do something useful than the99declaration.orgApr 8, 2012
- Here's the deal. Allow states to gerrymander up to a point, with a max ratio of perimeter to area. BUT! "There shall be minimal overlap between districts for state assembly, state senate and congress."
Hence, if one house is gerried to be maximally partisan, the other two will not be! They'll have different psychologies.Apr 8, 2012
- keepthewebopen.com ? -- It's supposed to be the new version of SOPA which Rep. Issa just turned live recently, but it doesn't say anything about copyright yet so we should make the most of it. You want Section 1.5, subsection (3).Could you please amend that into my amendments atApr 8, 2012
- actually I'm adding that now.... done!Apr 8, 2012