New York, New York
Want to learn more about machine learning and big data pipelines? Read on!
You might like Intent Media if you like these things:
- Transparency and open communication. The only walls here are on the conference rooms.
- Work/life balance. We work hard while we’re here but value results over long hours.
- We don’t wait for permission to make our workplace better.
- Hack Days. We do them every quarter, and they are really fun.
You might do well here if you have these things:
- Five or more years of experience as a QA, test engineer, or developer
- Good programming chops
- Thoughtful opinions about the software testing pyramid (from base to apex)
- A pragmatic devotion to agile practices
It would be even better if you could do these things:
- Build test harnesses in Clojure, Java, or Ruby
- Help us implement dual-track agile and continuous deployment
- Teach product teams when and how to charter exploratory testing sessions
- Bring your dog
We would like for you to help us do these things:
- Deliver the components of our data pipeline quickly, efficiently, and safely
- Write code, especially unit, component, integration, and end-to-end test automation
- Define the scope of user stories
- Hire diverse people with whom you would love to work
- Advance the state of the art in software testing
To learn more about Data Engineering at Intent Media, read this blog post. (http://intentmedia.com/blog/)
Intent Media operates the world’s most powerful platform for advertising on commerce sites. We help online travel companies unlock their full revenue potential with innovative, high-margin advertising products powered by predictive analytics. Our customers include the world's largest online travel agencies, metasearch companies, airlines, hotels and car rental agencies.
Every day, we’re inspired by two pursuits. First, we’re imagining and building novel products that are upending ecommerce. Second, we’re building the company we’ve always wanted to work for — one that’s open, human and collaborative, where very smart people come together to share ideas and get things done.
Apply with your resume in just a few clicks! You can learn more about us at:
Please apply: http://grnh.se/sigle3 or Email Giselle.Lazo@intentmedia.com
I cut a new release of clj-uuid which includes some updates to documentation, cleaned-up type hints, and some general maintenance/simplification.
POSTED JUNE 19
We are looking for an outstanding, motivated and hands-on full-stack junior developer to join our small team ASAP. We will structure the role and compensation to suit.
We are a small startup company who have developing a game changing application for the last 2 years. The application tracks pharmaceutical market access submissions and outcomes from all the world’s leading regulatory and reimbursement (subsidising) agencies and is unique in its kind.
You will have a range of responsibilities with a focus on working with the owner of the business, our UX designer and lead developer in transforming new designs and features into clean front and back-end code. You will also have input into feature development, design direction and strategy and will report to the lead developer.
- Be able to demonstrate your experience building complex web-based applications, not just interactive websites.
- Be passionate about modern web development practices and thrive on learning new skills.
- Believe that results are important, but also that you should enjoy the journey and have fun along the way.
- Be based in Melbourne, and be an Australian Permanent Resident.
In return, we will
- Pay market compensation
- Offer a lot of flexibility in how you work (including the option of a four-day work week).
- Encourage you to learn new things, not just utilise what you already know.
- Provide a long list of interesting infrastructure, data, back-end, front-end and design challenges that would keep a curious full-stack developer constantly engaged and challenged.
What makes this role special
What makes this role interesting, at least to a certain type of developer, is that we’re building an application, not a website. Lots of ways for a creative and skilled developer to test and demonstrate their skills.
We also don’t shy away from using cutting edge technologies. Here is a quick rundown of our stack:
- Clojure server
- Clojurescript front end (using ReactJS)
We make heavy use of these services:
You will get to work with good people in a fun and flexibility company. We share our office with a bunch of other startups so you’ll be working in a vibrant environment with lots of other designers and developers of online software.
- 1 to 2+ years professional software development experience.
Experience building online applications
- Clojure experience highly desired (or experience in another functional programming language)! Otherwise experience with other server-side frameworks such as Rails, Django, Express/NodeJS, etc
- SQL (Postgres) experience
- Familiarity with test driven development, build processes and continuous deployment.
For the first 15 minutes I owned a computer, I thought it was a typewriter :). So funny.
Happy Fathers Day, Dad. I miss you.
San Francisco, California
POSTED JUNE 18
We're a company with a mission you can feel good about. We help small businesses flourish by providing them with fast and fair finance. We help investors prosper by offering them the opportunity to make good returns. And together, we help grow the economy. We are backed by a great group of investors, including Accel Partners, Index Ventures, Union Square Ventures, and Ribbit Capital. The opportunities ahead of us are unbounded. We think big and, if you do too, then come join our talented team.
Our mission: to build a better financial world.
Excited? - Join us!
The Engineering team is seeking a creative and experienced Clojure Engineer to bring simplicity to the forefront of our distributed systems while taking on the banking industry. Our small but mighty team is mission-driven, already making revenue, and offering a great service at the same time. We are looking to grow our team with passionate engineers who love experimenting with new languages and technologies while helping foster a collaborative, inclusive, and professional work environment.
- Build and expand our highly-available microservice architecture.
- Apply innovative technology to scale in terms of software performance, maintainability, and business processes.
- Process high throughput transactions with confidence.
- Build infrastructure to collect 'big data' for risk modeling and real time analytics.
We use the right tool for the job, so we are always reevaluating our stack. Our current go-to technologies are Clojure, Ruby, and PostgreSQL. We run on AWS which includes the usual supporting cast and crew making up a modern web platform. We practice continuous integration, have a container-based deployment workflow, and largely practice XP. We have daily stand-ups, weekly retrospectives, and practice pair-programming.
- At least 1 year of professional experience working with Clojure (or really strong personal project using Clojure).
- 4+ years of overall software engineering experience in any language (Ruby, Python, Java, etc).
- Strong interest in functional programming. Comfortable in Unix/Linux environment and familiarity with Docker, Mesos, or experience with distributed systems, Cassandra, or any other skills that will help us scale are a plus.
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Github or other open source code we can check out
- Database experience
- Distributed systems experience
- Experience with microservice and/or event-driven architecture
- Operating at scale with low-latency systems
WHY JOIN US?
We offer all of the stuff that folks tend to find important, like a competitive salary, equity, fully-covered health benefits and the like. That said, have you heard about what we're doing?! Our mission is what really motivates us to come to work each day:
- We're supporting small business, the engine of economic growth.
- We're creating a bigger marketplace where investors can directly connect with businesses.
- We're helping facilitate higher yields for investors and lower interest rates for borrowers.
- We can fund loans extremely quickly, all online!
- We have a clear competitive advantage in areas like domain expertise and regulatory processes.
To learn more about our environment, culture, and perks, visit our careers page and engineering blog.
To apply, visit: http://apptrkr.com/617328
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Dean & CompanySenior Software Engineer, 2015 - present
- Consumer Reports MagazineSoftware Engineer, Graph Database, 2014 - 2014
- Bridgewater AssociatesSoftware Engineer, Research Technology, 2014 - 2014
Regular Expression Matching: the Virtual Machine Approach
Regular Expression Matching: the Virtual Machine Approach. Russ Cox firstname.lastname@example.org. December 2009. Introduction. Name the most widely used by
[ANN] clj-uuid: thread-safe, performant unique identifiers - Google Groups
[ANN] clj-uuid: thread-safe, performant unique identifiers, danl...@gmail.com, 2/16/15 5:25 PM. Hello Clojurians,. I've just been polishing
Computer History Museum Makes Historic CP/M Operating System Source Code...
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Oct. 1, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Computer History Museum (CHM) announced today that it has made available origina
clojure : 1.7.0-alpha1 - Track your JARs at VersionEye
Clojure core environment and runtime library....
Why Anti-Authoritarians are Diagnosed as Mentally Ill
In Bruce Levine's career he as spoken with hundreds of people diagnosed with ODD & ADHD. An astonishing number of these people are also anti
Blue Marlin: The Giant Ship That Ships Other Ships
When one needs to transport a large number of ships (perhaps they aren't ocean-ready), move a gigantic oil rig (like BP's Thunder Horse PDQ)
Keyboard shortcuts for Google Drive on the web - Drive Help
Google Drive on the web has a variety of keyboard shortcuts that you can use to accomplish different types of actions like selecting a docum