, Funding CircleSan Francisco, CA
We're a company with a mission you can feel good about. We help small businesses flourish by providing them with fast and fair finance. We help investors prosper by offering them the opportunity to make good returns. And together, we help grow the economy. We are backed by a great group of investors, including Accel Partners, Index Ventures, Union Square Ventures and Ribbit Capital. The opportunities ahead of us are unbounded. We think big and, if you do too, then come join our talented team.
Our mission: to build a better financial world.
Excited? - Join us!THE ROLE
The Engineering team is seeking a creative and experienced Clojure Engineer to bring simplicity to the forefront of our distributed systems while taking on the banking industry. Our small but mighty team is mission-driven, already making revenue, and offering a great service at the same time. We are looking to grow our team with passionate engineers that love experimenting with new languages and technologies while helping foster a collaborative, inclusive, and professional work environment.
Build and expand our highly-available microservice architecture.
Apply innovative technology to scale in terms of software performance, maintainability, and business processes.
Process high throughput transactions with confidence.
Build infrastructure for collecting "big data" for risk modeling and real time analytics.
We use the right tool for the job, so we are always reevaluating our stack. Our current go-to technologies are Clojure, Ruby, and PostgreSQL. We run on AWS which includes the usual supporting cast and crew making up a modern web platform. We practice continuous integration, have a container-based deployment workflow, and largely practice XP. We have daily stand-ups, weekly retrospectives, and practice pair-programming.REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE
- At least 1 year of professional experience working with Clojure (or really strong personal project using Clojure).
- 4+ years of overall software engineering experience in any language (preferably Ruby, Python, Java, etc - we're open to any flavor!).
- Strong interest in functional programming. Comfortable in Unix/Linux environment and familiarity with Docker, Mesos, or experience with distributed systems, Cassandra, or any other skills that will help us scale are a plus.BONUS POINTS FOR
- Github or other open source code we can check out
- Database experience
- Distributed systems experience
- Experience with microservice and/or event-driven architecture
- Operating at scale with low-latency systemsWHY JOIN US?
- We offer all of the stuff that folks tend to find important, like a competitive salary, equity, fully-covered health benefits and the like. That said, have you heard about what we're doing?! Our mission is what really motivates us to come to work each day:
- We're supporting small business, the engine of economic growth.
- We're creating a bigger marketplace where investors can directly connect with businesses.
- We're helping facilitate higher yields for investors and lower interest rates for borrowers.
- We can fund loans extremely quickly, all online!
- We have a clear competitive advantage in areas like domain expertise and regulatory processes.
To learn more about our environment, culture, and perks, visit our careers page and engineering blog.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.To Apply
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit http://functionaljobs.com/apply/8806