Google+Blog for WordPress 1.3.4 [Bugfix Release]
Hot on the heels of 's #blogsofaugust campaign I have gone ahead and updated the Google+Blog for WordPress plugin. I originally created this plugin as I saw how great G+ was as a blogging platform but noticed many users were still wanting to keep their own sites populated with their own content.
Google+Blog for WordPress is a plugin that allows you to import your Google+ Public posts (and their comments) as blog posts into your WordPress setup. There is a free version and a paid version ($10), both of which can be found at http://gpb.minimali.se/google+blog/
Paid users, please update by going to http://gpb.minimali.se/google+blog/YourTransactionId/ to download. Where 'YourTransactionId' is the number emailed to you.
- Fixed issue with shared youtube videos
- Better handling of some vimeo embeds
- Comment dates should now be more accurate
- Remove jQuery dependence
To update please deactivate and delete the existing plugin prior to installing this one.
Keep your suggestions coming as they are what guides the development of this plugin. Also be sure to log any bugs you have found with me. Updates will start to slow down a little now as the plugin becomes more stable but be sure to check my posts for the latest news regarding the plugin.
There is an explanation of each of the settings for the plugin in a prior post that can be found here: https://plus.google.com/103697821787469756035/posts/UvHumFMNbai
If you think you need a little more help with the plugin +Nancy Messieh of TheNextWeb wrote up a great post detailing the steps to go through to get things up and running. Check it out here: http://thenextweb.com/apps/2011/10/11/crosspost-your-google-posts-to-your-wordpress-blog-with-this-plugin/
If you are experiencing problems with the plugin not working at all, there can be conflicts with other plugins and themes, especially in relation to comments. Message me privately with these issues including the settings you are using as well as any errors you may be receiving and I will do my best to help you get it all up and running.
Thanks for the continued support.
Your reshares are appreciated.
#googleplus #blog #wordpress #googleplusblog
22 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 38 previous comments
- Thank you! Forgot to check post history, +Daniel TreadwellFeb 9, 2014
- What a brilliant idea. Will hold onto this for future reference and have also shared it.
TY!Feb 10, 2014
- Ach, I thought I had it fixed, but was mistaken. I think there are problems with either the API key, or needing to use the numeric and not the vanity URL (it shows as +GinnyGibbs on my profile page now).Feb 17, 2014
- By the way, the link to "Google API Console" on the plugins page leads to a redirection loop. I had to get to the page by, well, Googling.Feb 17, 2014
- For those that didn't see it, please check my latest post announcing the rebranded version of the plugin. If you are a paid user you get to upgrade for free, there is also still a free version available.
Updates will be delivered from within WordPress in future.
Thanks for the support.Sep 18, 2014
- It's working, had to be sure to check "override old posts" and then deactivated/re activated after updating settings. I seem to have the API set right, will tweak the template next.Sep 24, 2014