They're bumpy, purple, yellow, and addictive. Are heirloom tomatoes growing on you?
6 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- Don't know to much about the topic but I want to learn more.Jul 25, 2012
- I love the yellow striped heirloom I grew this year - the best tomato I've ever eaten!Jul 25, 2012
- Short answer is yes. All you need to do is compare the taste of an heirloom tomato to a a winter hot house one and you will never go back to starchy and flavorless again.Jul 25, 2012
- The article is focused on bashing heirloom tomatoes without discussing the benefits of heirloom strains vesus hybrids (sustainability, productivity, pollination, nutritional value, taste, etc.). No real science, and nothing but platitudes and ignorance. Anyone using this article as a base for their opinion on hybrids vs. heirlooms is doing themselves a huge disservice and should do more research independent of Boston.com. At least that's my $.02.Jul 25, 2012
- I will start comparing. Thanks for the advice!Jul 25, 2012