Founded in 1884, dedicated to academic excellence for more than 130 years, Bangor University is one of the oldest and most prestigious degree awarding institutions in the UK. Find out more about our international reputation for quality teaching and research...
Bangor University combines traditional academic excellence with cutting-edge research and provides these at local, national and international levels. We offer hundreds of courses, to learners from all areas of the UK around to international learners from around the globe, covering a broad range of subject domains across the arts and the sciences. We pride ourselves on the quality of our teaching and research and we are rated Top 10 for student satisfaction and Top 40 for research. We are located in in North Wales, UK, Bangor’s location - close to the mountains and the sea -has been described as ‘the best university setting in the UK’.
At a glance...
- Among the top 2% of global higher education institutions
- World top 100 international university – Times Higher Education Ranking 2015
- Top-50 UK University – Times University League table 2015
- Top-10 UK University for "student satisfaction" – NSS 2014
- Top-10 UK University for "excellent early student experience" – THE survey 2014