Arch will move to systemd boot process...
222 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 108 previous comments
- Bleeding edge means that the software on Arch repos are so new that is not much tested and you could have your system break. Other distros like ubuntu, debian have their software tested and just when they have sure that it is secure and stable they put on repos.
So if you want a Stable Linux you can choose debian, but you dont heve the latest software when it cames out.
I use Arch for 3 years or so and my system only broke 2 times, not arch fault but mine for not read the websites newsOct 28, 2012
- Fully support this step!Nov 5, 2012
- I'd rather the old system remain unchanged.Nov 6, 2012
- Logs (journals) are binary now and that's is terrible news.Jan 4, 2013
- I like systemd but the systemctl and journalctl implementations are clunky...too much typing, and needs wrapper commands.Jan 4, 2013
- you are right! it was so much easy write on rc.conf what we want running instead we use systemctl. The simple things are overJan 4, 2013