Fire the media team that put this post into 'production'. +Google
needs a serious leash on managing expectations - it hurts the image of +Android
. There is a general tone of over-promising and under-delivering when it comes to most things Google.
Here's a list of things I was expecting as a surprise:
1. ICS for all flavors of Nexus S
2. Stripped down ICS for Nexus One (instead of waiting for someone else [CyanogenMod] to do Google's dirty work)
3. New Google+ app with all the new features
4. Updated workdwide SMS on Google Voice (This team is not even on G+ Ha!)
5. Unified Android SMS Messenger app, +Gmail
Google Talk, G+ Talk, +Google+
Hangouts and Google Voice (SMS/VM) app. But I know this is too much to ask for. Android fragmentation is unfortunately a mirror of the various Google Teams and their efforts.