To be the most trusted and valued customer-driven insurance company.
Since its start
in 1927 offering auto insurance to farmers in rural communities, AmericanFamily Mutual Insurance Company has grown to be one of the nation's largest
providers of property/casualty insurance.
It's easy for large companies to forget their roots. We haven't. We've stayed focused on providing personal service, just like our founders did when they were out talking to farmers about their insurance needs. We know our success is built on the relationships our agents have with our customers, and the service we as a company provide.
Thanks to the loyalty of our customers, we've built a strong and stable mutual company with more than $4.8 billion in policyholder equity. We measure our success by the value we provide our policyholders ... from taking care of you during a claim ... to helping you make insurance choices that work for your family ... to providing information on how to protect your family. After all, nobody knows you like family, and we're proud to be part of our customers' lives.
Seth K. (~Seth) and Tom B. (~Tom) are the community managers of American Family's Google+ page, and are based at our National Headquarters in Madison, Wis.
We strive to deliver industry-leading service and exceptional claims
experiences at American Family Insurance. We welcome your feedback here, but if
you are having claims, billing or other insurance-related problems, we
encourage you to talk with your local agent first,
or call us at 1-800-MY-AMFAM.
Moderation of the American Family Page and Discussions takes place between the hours of 8am-6pm (CST), Monday through Friday, with the exception of the following holidays:
New Year’s Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day
For privacy reasons, we will ask you to email us relevant information to firstname.lastname@example.org, rather than posting sensitive material on a public forum such as Google+. Please include your name, address and a claim number (if applicable). We work closely with our Customer Experience Team and work to solve any issues as quickly as possible. Facebook posts containing personally identifiable information of any American Family Mutual Insurance Company policyholder, agent or employee may be removed.
We believe in an open discussion here, not a place for bullying or ranting. Profanity, defamation or any other hateful comments are not allowed. We want this to be a positive, family-friendly forum. We often ask for your feedback in the form of questions or other content we post. We encourage you to participate in a constructive manner.
Here are some additional guidelines we ask our fans to follow:
- Keep it clean and family-friendly. We do not allow hateful, obscene or racially insensitive comments or posts. Any posts or comments deemed abusive or defamatory in nature to any person, group or organization will be removed by our administrators.
- Solicitations, advertisements, repetitive posts or any other spam content is not permitted. Our Community Managers will remove this content without notice.
- We reserve the right to remove followers that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The appearance of external links on this site is not an official endorsement on behalf of American Family Insurance.
- Comments made by the public are not always verified, and do not necessarily reflect the views, policies or practices of American Family Insurance.
By using this page you agree to the following:
- You accept personal jurisdiction in the United States of America, State of Wisconsin of and your actions will be governed exclusively by the laws of the United States of America, State of Wisconsin.
- You grant American Family Insurance the permanent, irrevocable and fully transferrable right to reproduce your comments, images or other posted content for business purposes.
- You agree to hold American Family Insurance harmless from claims against American Family related to your postings or use of this Service. American Family Insurance reserves the right to modify or change these guidelines without notice, and to delete any post or ban any user at any time and for any reason.
Home Office - Madison, WI 53783