Yay! What a time saver!
no plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 4 previous comments
- Aug 19, 2012
- I don't consider this a "WTF" moment o.O
No, I haven't yet written a general purpose population script that can take on any table and fill it up... oh, the shame!Aug 19, 2012
- Lil Peck+1Note to self: write php script to auto populate fields with "blah blah sit." (Simpsons reference)Aug 20, 2012
- Hahaha i have a guy testing new stuff. I can usually see what shows he was watching or what movie he saw when Willis, Bruce has an entry in the database ;)Aug 20, 2012
- The schema will anyway be written by you in something like a models.php or db.php file anyway. You just need to import this for schema info and what remains is one line per table that needs to be run as many times as you need records.
In python, yes you can write a generic script for any ORM (though I haven't written one yet) quite easily because there are nice introspection functions. I use python REPL to populate the tables because I find that convenient enough.Aug 20, 2012
- Scotty C+1All your database entries are belong to me.Aug 20, 2012