Start a hangout
Zahir Ali Yousafzai
111 followers|6,048 views
Zahir Ali Yousafzai
Works at National Centre for Remote Sensing and Geo-Informatics (NCRG), Karachi
Attended ITC, University of Twente, The Netherlands
Lives in Karachi
111 followers|6,048 views
- National Centre for Remote Sensing and Geo-Informatics (NCRG), KarachiGeneral Manager, 2000 - present
Karnal Sher Killi - Swabi
Dr. Zahir Ali, born on the 15th of January 1975 in Karnal Sher Killi, a town in the Swabi district of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, Pakistan. From 1997 to 2000, he studied in the Physics Department, University of Peshawar, Pakistan and obtained Master degree in Physics. In October 2000 he joined the Pakistan’s national space agency Pakistan Space & Upper Atmosphere Research Commission (SUPARCO) and got Master of Philosophy degree from Physics Department, University of Peshawar, Pakistan during his job. From December 2006, he enrolled for the doctoral study in ITC with a joint PhD scholarship offered by Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan and the Netherlands Organization for International Cooperation in Higher Education (NUFFIC), the Netherlands. His research interest is about the analysis of institutional and technical aspects of cadastre and land administration system for designing a framework to apply total quality management concepts to land administration system. Currently he is working in SUPARCO as a General Manager in Karachi, Pakistan.
Name: Dr. Zahir Ali
Date of Birth: January 15, 1975
Material Status: Married
Present Address: House B-123, Block V, Street 12, Saadi Town, Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan
Mailing Address: Training and R&D Division, National Centre for Remote Sensing and Geo-Informatics (NCRG), P.O. Box 8402, Karachi-75270, Sindh, Pakistan
Cell No.: +92-0333-3243647
Working Experience: Since Oct 2000
Field of Proposed Study: Land Administration, Remote Sensing & GIS
Working as General Manager in R&D Organization in the field of Satellite Remote Sensing and Digital Image Processing.
- PhD in Land Administration (2013) from University of Twente, The Netherland
- MPhil in Physics (2005) from University of Peshawar, Pakistan
- MSc in Physics (1999) from University of Peshawar, Pakistan
- One-week professional development course on “How to conduct Successful Selection Interviews”. 20 – 22 March 2013, SUPARCO HQs, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Three weeks’ professional development course on “Total Station and Cohesive Strength Meter (CSM)”. 28 Jan – 15 Feb 2013, University of Southampton, Southampton, United Kingdom.
- Two weeks’ professional development course on “Differential GPS and Acoustic Doppler Current Profiler (ADCP)”. 25 June -08 July 2012, University of Southampton, Southampton, United Kingdom.
- Five days’ professional development course on “Object Based Image Analysis”. 16-20 January 2012, NCRG, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Three weeks’ professional development course on “Middle Management”. 12 Oct – 5 Nov 2011, SUPARCO HQs, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Five-day short course on “Scientific Writing for Non-native English Speakers”. Autumn Semester 2008, ITC, Enschede, the Netherlands.
- Short course on “Information Management Research Methodologies”. July 2007, Tilburg University, Tilburg, the Netherlands.
- Short course “Land Administration for the South-East Asian Region”. 4-15 September 2006, Gadjah Mada University, Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
- Four months training course on “Database Development .Net”. January-April 2005, NED University, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Two weeks’ professional development course on “Digital Image Processing”. 12-23 July 2004, Institute of Space Technology, Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Two weeks training course on “Digital Image Processing”. 1-12 December 2003, SPOT Image, Toulouse, France.
- Six months training course on “Space Science & Technology”. October 2000-March 2001, Institute of Space Technology, Islamabad, Pakistan
- First Workshop on the Application Pilot Projects for APSCO Data Sharing Service Platform, 12-14 May 2015, Karachi, Pakistan
- 6th International Conference on Recent Advances in Space Technologies (RAST2013), 12-14 June, Istanbul, Turkey
- United Nations/Pakistan International Workshop on Integrated Use of Space Technologies for Water and Food Security; 11-15 March 2013, Islamabad, Pakistan
- FIG Congress 2010: Facing the Challenges - Building the Capacity,11-16 April 2010, Sydney, Australia
- FIG Working Week, 14–19 June 2008, Stockholm, Sweden
- International Workshop on Satellite Imaging Technology and Applications, 22–28 January 2003, Karachi, Pakistan
- Nasir, S., Iqbal, I.A., Ali, Zahir and Shahzad, A. (2015) “Accuracy Assessment of Digital Elevation Model Generated from Pleiades Tri stereo-pair". In Proceedings of 7th International Conference on 'Recent Advances in Space Technologies (RAST 2015)’, held at Istanbul, Turkey from 16-19 June. http://www.rast.org.tr/aks/index.php/RAST2015/RAST2015/paper/view/1044
- N. Alam, Ali, Zahir, M. Haq and B. M. Ghouri (2015) “Flood Hazard Zonation and Damage Assessment Using Geospatial Techniques”. In Global Journal of Multidisciplinary Studies, Volume 4, Issue 6. http://www.gjms.co.in/index.php/gjms/article/view/879
- Ali, Zahir, Tuladhar, A., Zevenbergen, J. and Bhatti, M. A. (2014) "Implementing Total Quality Management Concepts to Land Administration System in Pakistan". In American Journal of Rural Development, Volume 2, Issue 4, Pages 74-80. http://pubs.sciepub.com/ajrd/2/4/3/
- Ali, Zahir, Zevenbergen, J. and Tuladhar, A. (2014) "Assessing the Quality Land Administration System in Pakistan Using Systematic Approach of Case Study Methodology". In American Journal of Rural Development, Volume 2, Issue 3, Pages 40-45. http://pubs.sciepub.com/ajrd/2/3/1
- Ali, Zahir. (2013). "Applying Total Quality Management concepts to land administration: A systematic approach". Scholar’s Press, Germany, Pages 265, ISBN: 978-3-639-70343-6. http://www.amazon.com/Applying-Quality-Management-Concepts-Administration/dp/363970343X
- Ali, Zahir. (2013). "Developing a framework to apply Total Quality Management concepts to land administration: the case of Islamic Republic of Pakistan". PhD Thesis, University of Twente Faculty of Geo-Information and Earth Observation (ITC), Enschede. http://www.itc.nl/library/papers_2013/phd/zali.pdf
- Ali, Zahir and Ahmed, S. (2013) "Extracting Parcel Boundaries from Satellite Imagery for a Land Information System". In Proceedings of 6th International Conference on Recent Advances in Space Technologies (RAST2013), held at Istanbul, Turkey from 12-14 June. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/RAST.2013.6581319
- Ali, Zahir, Zevenbergen, Jaap and Tuladhar, Arbind. (2013) "Quality Assessment of the Land Administration System in Pakistan". In Journal of Spatial Science, Volume 58, Issue 1, Pages 119-146. http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/14498596.2012.759093
- Ali, Zahir (2012) "Assessing Usefulness of High-Resolution Satellite Imagery (HRSI) in GIS-Based Cadastral Land Information System". In Journal of Settlements and Spatial Planning, Volume 3, Issue 2, Pages 111-114. http://geografie.ubbcluj.ro/ccau/jssp/arhiva_2_2012/06JSSP022012.pdf
- Ali, Zahir and Shakir, M. (2012) "Implementing GIS-based Cadastral and Land Information System in Pakistan". In Journal of Settlements and Spatial Planning, Volume 3, Issue 1, Pages 43-49. http://geografie.ubbcluj.ro/ccau/jssp/arhiva1_2012/06JSSP012012.pdf
- Ali, Zahir, Tuladhar, A. M. and Zevenbergen, J. A. (2012) "An integrated approach for updating cadastral maps in Pakistan using satellite remote sensing data". In International Journal of Applied Earth Observation and Geoinformation, Volume 18, Issue August 2012, Pages 386-398. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0303243412000529
- Shakir, M., Ali, Zahir, Alam, N. (2011) “Developing a Model for Locating Suitable School Sites using Multi-Criteria Decision Analysis and GIS Techniques”. In 2nd International Conference on Aerospace Science & Engineering (ICASE), held on December 28‐30, 2011 in Islamabad, Pakistan
- Ali, Zahir, Tuladhar, A.M. and Zevenbergen, J.A. (2010) “Developing a framework for improving the quality of a deteriorated land administration system based on an exploratory case study in Pakistan”. In: Nordic journal of surveying and real estate research, Volume 7, Issue 1, Pages 30-57. http://ojs.tsv.fi/index.php/njs/article/view/3661
- Ali, Zahir and Nasir, A. (2010) "Land Administration System in Pakistan - Current Situation and Stakeholders’ Perception". In Proceedings of FIG Congress 2010: Facing the Challenges - Building the Capacity, held at Sydney, Australia from 11-16 April. http://www.fig.net/pub/fig2010/papers/fs03f/fs03f_ali_nasir_3901.pdf
- Ali, Zahir and Nasir, A. (2010) "Reliability is the Need of the Hour". GIS Development - The Global Geospatial Magazine, Volume 14, Issue 5, Pages 30-32. http://www.geospatialworld.net/magazine/MArticleView.aspx?aid=18985&Itemid=155
- Siddiqui, M. and Ali, Zahir (2002) “Integrated use of SRS Data &GIS Technique for Monitoring Changes in Riverine Forest of Sindh, Pakistan”. In 34th COSPAR Scientific Assembly, The Second World Space Congress, held on 10-19 October, 2002 in Houston, TX, USA. http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2002cosp...34E1549S
MS Thesis Supervised:
- M. Shakir, Ali, Zahir (supervisor) and B. M. Ghouri (co-supervisor) (2014) “Developing a cost effective approach for integrating cadastral map and land parcel information using remote sensing and GIS technologies”. Department of Remote Sensing and Geo-Information Science, Institute of Space Technology (IST), Karachi Campus.
- N. Alam, Ali, Zahir (supervisor), M. Haq (co-supervisor) and B. M. Ghouri (co-supervisor) (2015) “Flood Hazard Zonation and Damage Assessment using Geospatial Technologies (A case study of selected UC’s of Nowshera district with special reference to 2010 floods”. Department of Remote Sensing and Geo-Information Science, Institute of Space Technology (IST), Karachi Campus.
- S. Masud, Ali, Zahir (supervisor) and M. Haq (co-supervisor) (co-supervisor) (In progress) “Analysing Urban and Rural Land-Use / Land-Cover Changes through Remote Sensing (A Case Study of Tehsil Sahiwal)”. Department of Remote Sensing and Geo-Information Science, Institute of Space Technology (IST), Karachi Campus.
- “Pakistan Floods Relief and Early Recovery Response Plan - UN Flood and Erosion Modelling and Impacts on Agriculture on the Indus River Pakistan”. Project Manager
- “GIS Based Land Acquisition Database Development of Diamer Basha Dam Project”. Project Manager
- To explore new avenue and developments in the field of Cadastral and Land Information Systems.
- To develop new techniques and methods in operational utilization of Geo-ICT in the field of Cadastral and Land Information Systems.
- ITC, University of Twente, The NetherlandsLand Administration, 2006 - 2010PhD in Land Administration.
- University of Peshawar, PakistanPhysics, 2001 - 2005MPhil in Physics
- University of Peshawar, PakistanPhysics, 1997 - 1999MSc in Physics
- University of Peshawar, PakistanEducation, 1999 - 2000BEd in Education
- Govt Degree College SwabiPre-Engineering, 1992 - 1996FSc and BSc
- Govt High School Karnal Sher KilliScience, 1986 - 1992Metric in Science