Here are a few more comments based on what I remember from +Disney's Tomorrowland
. THERE WILL BE SPOILERS, SO I RECOMMEND NOT READING THIS UNTIL YOU HAVE SEEN THE MOVIE.
• I am not frequently a fan of the story-told-through-movie-length-flashback thing, and I am not convinced it was necessary here.
• I understand the desire to instill a sense of urgency, but a couple months seems a really short time to go from the world we were shown to total destruction.
• The acting on the part of all the AAs was excellent.
- Related: I apparently recognized the AAs as being androids before most of the people with whom I saw the movie ^_^
• I want to visit the shop with all the sci-fi stuff.
• Was that Gort in that shop? That looked like Gort! ^_^
• Shout-out to Key (of Key and Peele)!
• The time bomb was cool. I wish they had used one again.
• Were the circular portal things in Frank Walker's house supposed to be references to Big Hero 6 or Stargate?
- Granted, the designs in BH6 felt as though they were referencing Stargate, so I guess the question was they were referencing Stargate directly or indirectly.
• The cinematography during the trip to Tomorrowland felt different and a bit out of place.
• The entire scene in Paris felt completely unnecessary.
- I was already not a fan of the trope of major landmarks having secret functions.
- In addition, the tuning fork thing was an unnecessary element to introduce that did not add much to the film.
- I enjoyed the jab at Edison, but it did not justify the scene being there.
- While I am sure the VFX team had fun with it, to me the rocket just felt silly and over-the-top.
• George Clooney as the next Doctor, Britt Robertson as the next companion, and Hugh Laurie as the next Master?
• I WANT HUGH LAURIE'S COAT.
• Why did they have to blow the thing up rather than just changing what it was broadcasting?
At the end of this all:
• I was a video game like the Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix game for Wii—an experience less focused on being a good game and more focused on letting players explore an environment. What I am saying is I want to freely explore Tomorrowland.
• I went in with relatively low expectations, and Tomorrowland
vastly exceeded them. I should trusted Brad Bird from the start.
• I want David Nix's coat.