Just wanted to give a quick wrap up of my last week's attendance at the Friends of Search conference in Amsterdam, NL, which IMHO
could live also up with SMX Munich (if it wasn't for Rand Fishkin this year :-) ).
Amongst such highly prominent speakers like (keynote with >300 slides in less than 30min) and (Founder of yoast), I was invited to attend and also speak on AdWords best practices in the travel market together with from Innovative Travel moderated by from Google.
Apparently those who attended our session, voted it to be one of the most in-depth sessions of the day - thanks for the great feedback! A quick wrap up interview you can find on YouTube.
From the other sessions, I wanted to briefly share my key takeaways:
(1) Brand(ing) is key, focus on your audience and don't just create content for SEO content sake: "Your brand is the single most important investment you can make in your business” (cf. Kevin Gibbons on Integrated Digital Marketing 2014)
(2) Social signals alone do not have a direct measurable impact on SEO, but can help boost brand recognition and thus indirectly affect SEO (cf. SEO Ranking Factors by Dixon Jones from majesticSEO)
(3) Google+ helps (and we know it does) - but mostly to get in touch with Google engineers to solve SEO related issues (conclusion from panel discussion) :-)
(4) Wordpress & SEO: Security becomes more and more crucial - check out the latest recos from
(5) SEA 1: Enhanced Campaigns Success Stories with RSLA & Mobile; New Maps Ads format launching shortly and call metrics coming to
Europe in H2/14 (cf. Kate Adams from Google)
(5) SEA 2: Managing/creating 1 billion keyword campaigns is possible and the long-tail opportunity can still be further unleashed through data scientfic & automation approaches
And if you did not get any of the online marketing acronyms and specifics above, don't worry and please have a look at the highly thought provoking presentation by Barry Adams on "The Dangers of Personalised Search" which affects all of us:
Interview Barry Adams (Pierce Communications) door Martijn Scheijbeler op Friends of Search
Presentations can be found here:
Wrap up video footage:
Derzeitigen Tests zufolge könnte das Local Carousel in der Suche bald ausgedient haben. Google testet derzeit eine optisch sehr ansprechende Variante der Local Einbindung. Die Anpassung wäre der nächste logische Schritt in Richtung einheitliche geräteübergreifende User Experience wie sie seitens Google über alle Produkte hinweg angestrebt wird.
Google Tests A New Local Knowledge Graph Interface - Ein Beitrag von
Universal Analytics Enhanced E-Commerce: Neue Standardberichte
Am Google Analytics Summit Ende Mai 2014 verkündete Google den Launch der Universal Analytics Erweiterung «Enhanced E-Commerce». Mit diesem
Le retargeting cède à la mode du cross-canal : 50% des annonceurs séduit...
9 faits majeurs montrent comment les marketeurs utiliseront le retargeting dans une réalité digitale multi-canal selon une étude de mythings
How to Apply Jim Collins' Great by Choice Theories to Your AdWords Campa...
3 important lessons that can be applied to Google AdWords management and its best practices inspired by Jim Collins' Great by Choice book.
Seth's Blog: Thinking lifetime (don't break the chain)
The traveling salesman, the carnival barker and the old-time businessman can hit and run. Make the sale, cut your costs, move on. Today, tho
Violoncelul, aşa cum nu l-aţi mai auzit. Tinerii care au reinventat hitu...
O variantă inedită a hitului „Thunderstruck“, interpretată, la violoncel, de doi tineri extrem de talentaţi şi inventivi.
Online Performance Marketing Praktikant/in gesucht - Interhome Blog
Unser Performance Marketing Team sucht ab sofort zur Verstärkung eine/n Praktikanten/in für 4-6 Monate. DU: Willst wissen, was wirklich hint
Facebook Advertising / Marketing: Best Metrics, ROI, Business Value
Learn best ways to create value for your business on Facebook, how to measure online and offline return on investment, & which metrics are m
The Terrible Management Technique That Cost Microsoft Its Creativity - F...
Steve Ballmer, CEO of Microsoft. (Photo credit: Wikipedia) Vanity Fair has an article in its August issue that tells the story of how Micros