I don't often say "go watch this ad" and then "go watch the two-minute 'making of' video," but in this case, you want to go watch both. It's absolutely visually stunning – and there's not a drop of CGI in here. What you're seeing is jets of paint mixing in a water tank, brilliantly filmed.
Fascinating. Not CGI as revealed in the behind-the-scenes video in the link. "In a new ad campaign for paint manufacturer Sherwin-Williams, the production team at Psyop show off some awesome fluid dynamics by swirling and injecting paint underwater. You can see one sequence above, where red and blue paint vortex rings collide head-on before breaking down into a purple turbulent cloud. (What a great way to demonstrate the mixing power of turbulence, right?)"
In a new ad campaign for paint manufacturer... | Fuck Yeah Fluid Dynamics
286 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 9 previous comments
- What a great blend of technology and practical effects!Apr 26, 2017
- Huh! I take it back. I'm surprised though because I remember when the advert was being screened and all my mates just referring to it as "that car advert" and admitting that they couldn't remember who it was for.Apr 26, 2017
- We (google) own a company that makes similar sorts of videos.
bloomberg.com - Bot & Dolly and the Rise of Creative RobotsApr 26, 2017
- When I was in engineering school the idea of trying to "model" turbulence in any detail was almost unthinkable. For me it is still unthinkable. So I'm fine with the physical fluid method!
That is some nice photography.Apr 28, 2017
- Yeah, I'm dating myself! XDApr 28, 2017
- Bioooze+1Join the club haha!May 1, 2017
Add a comment...