The end of an Era...
The end of an Era...
I might need to spend more time visualizing myself working out...
proving that thinking that stress kills you is the cause of death (not stress itself) makes me think that I can think myself into a trophy wife body...a healthier me... and maybe even a million dollar bank account..
Whatch' think..? Give it a try? ;)
#tedtalk #stressrelief #belief
When (psychologist and lecturer at Stanford University) first told her audience that a belief in the harmful effects of stress — and not stress itself — was a serious health risk, many people laughed.
But by the end of her talk, most of them were willing to accept that a change in their perception of stress rather than the elimination of it could save them from a premature death.
Her presentation, "How To Make Stress Your Friend," draws on three recent studies that reveal how stress is a natural reaction to adversity, and if you stop becoming anxious about your stress, the body can naturally cope in a healthy way.
New app allows you to go live for 3, 6 or 9 minutes, Chat live w/ broadcasters and other viewers and alert your followers when you go live... filter channels by trending hashtags and notify your followers when you're on - all from the privacy of your mobile device.
So yes, it's geared towards talking directly with celebs (cause all of them want to be face to face with all of us...), but am I the only one who automatically connects this with the sex industry...?
I can't be.
#hangwith #sex #celebrities
Speak to its creator today at our weekly radio show
New app - Hang w/ - is live streaming video and chat from your phone to theirs - or from their phone to yours.
The app promises to allow you to stream directly from your camera to dozens, hundreds, even thousands of people at once.
Read more: http://www.hangwith.com/
Well, well, well. As some of you may have noticed, there was an update to Google+ that started to roll out last night. Check out the new link preview below. Notice the larger image? Site name? Article Description?
This is a huge deal for businesses and bloggers and marketers.
did a brilliant job of bringing this to my attention last night as a group of us had fun talking about and exploring the new feature... well into the late night hours.
The article below summarizes all of the noted changes, and what those changes mean for marketers. I explain in more detail:
- All of the new link preview features
- What's different from the old link preview
- What's different from image shares
- What the SEO ramifications are
- How to get started with your own shares
As new aspects of the update, or other new features, are noticed, this post and article will be updated accordingly.
Enjoy the great new link previews!
#GooglePlus #GooglePlusUpdate #Blogging
And DeepMind.. And employing
Google Senior Vice President recently announced a forthcoming wearable computing SDK and said that wearable devices “need a mesh layer and a data layer by which they can come together.” He gave the example of a “smart jacket” as something Google would need to support in the future.
He mentioned mesh networking again in the context of home automation. When asked about the company’s recent acquisition of Nest, which makes smart thermostats and talking smoke detectors, he said that Nest devices could be part of a “mesh layer” Google may be working on.
A mesh networking topology is one in which each node in the network can also relay data to other nodes. Mesh networks enable ad hoc networks and also self-healing networks—like the Internet—where a missing, damaged or offline node causes the data to route-around the problem.
But for the home? This is a truly exciting possibility. Here's why:
You know how long it took me to just say Thank You when someone complimented me...?
Years. Seriously. Years.
And it still comes with an effort. Now, I'm even finding myself complimenting myself in between breathes... Maybe I'm just trying to catch up with all the years I reacted like these women...
Don't you just love sensational headlines?
When I read this headline, the first thing that popped to my mind was private video chats and messages being sent back and forth between and through Glass, and I could already see all the Glass haters and their blogs, videos and press releases following through with their Ban Glass campaigns...
But what really happened was what happens probably every day around the world - people spend tons of time with their co-workers (happened to be #Glass) and hardly any with their families. They feel more connected to their team members because they share the same language, they create together, they work towards a shared goal.... and they only come home to sleep, eat and shit (not necessarily in that order).
In a society of workaholics, this is just another divorce story. But you got to love sensational headlines.
#throughglass #googleglass #vanityfair #sergeybrin
Ready to take your Web surfing experience to the next level? I put together a massive collection of Chrome tips and tricks -- shortcuts, hidden functions, and tons of handy tweaks.
Check it out and/or bookmark for future reference:
Lots o' good stuff within.
As much as I love this example, I have to admit that the people in the Plus, and especially those following are the type that loves gadgets.
Yes, I said it. We're geeks on the Plus. Proud geeks at that. And so of course we'll share a post about gadgets, and comment on it and +1 it.
Try comparing an emotional post JR and I bet FB will be just as engaged.
But here's the thing
Which audience do you really want for your post?
#ghosttown #gplus #facebook
This is the kind of disparity I see on a near-daily basis when looking at posts I've shared on Facebook and Google+.
This is obviously just a random case study and not all variables are equal, but it's an example of what makes me chuckle every time I hear people talking about how Google+ is a "ghost town" that "no one uses" -- when what they really mean is that it's a service they haven't taken the time to explore and find a community within.
If this is a "ghost town," it sure is fun hanging out with all you fellow phantoms.
is interviewing the guy behind Hotmail, Tesla, PayPal, Skype... today at 2pm PST- Tim Draper, and you can watch them on YouTube AND call the station with any questions for Tim - (310) 458-2826. -----
#timdraper #news #tesla #businessrockstars #pets
Watch live on YouTube and call the station to ask them questions
Tim Draper is is the course creator and Chairman of BizWorld. His original suggestion to use “viral marketing” in web-based e-mail to geometrically spread an Internet product to its market was instrumental to the successes of Hotmail and YahooMail, and has been adopted as a standard marketing technique by hundreds of businesses.
+Tobi Skovron saw a problem and rightly fixed it. This is exactly how entrepreneurs create successful products!
Tobi explains that in 2003, he and his then-girlfriend (now his wife) Simone lived in a two-bedroom apartment in Melbourne. He bought her a dog and they immediately faced the problem of having to walk the dog regularly, as potty-training seemed unrealistic. "There needed to be a better way to live with a dog although we could only afford an apartment," Skovron thought. Simone said, "If we could only get a patch of grass on the balcony." Bingo! Skovron invented the Pet Loo . Two years of R&D as well as patent and trademark filings and it was time.
#bizworld #petloo #entrepreneur #businessrockstars
We are constantly connected now, but are we Present?
Hey there stranger, let's make this the beginning of a beautiful friendship, shall we? ღღღ
Hi, I'm Yifat - Your G+GoTo Gal, and I am passionate about the possibilities Google plus brings to our lives and to our business. You can find me discussing Google+ strategies, Google+ marketing, engagement and relationship building on my weekly hangout show - Unscripted!
But what rocks my boat, what really gets me going, is the relationships I’ve found here - on Google+. I have met amazing people who become a new family to me and with whom I now spend much of my time. These relationships and what they brought with them, are the reason I am so passionate about Google+ and I can not wait for you to experience this level of engagement, this sense of community and this depth of conversation and ideas. They will change your life for the better. Trust me on that.
I walk my talk
I am now making a living coaching, engaging and speaking about the topic I am most passionate about - Google plus and Google plus hangouts, and I can show you how to do the same: How to turn your passion into real income. Wouldn’t it be great if you could make a living from something you are completely passionate about as I am about Google+ coaching and hangout hosting and moderating?
Let me show you how to:
Become a Hangout Hero
Take the Hangout Marketing Challenge
Master the Google+ Game Plan
- Join a fun community of like minded people
- You & Me
Topics range from SEO, Google ranking factors, Story selling, YouTube marketing, to more entrepreneurial interviews with the likes of TJ Marchatti Senior Vice President, Digital Marketing at The Walt Disney Studios.
- Active user every day since Google+ Day 2.5 (one of the first 100 people to receive an invitation directly from Google)
- Invited by Google as a speaker in events across the globe - Israel, Brazil, Mexico.
- Appeared as a guest on Google Developers Top Geek show to discuss Hangout tips
- Been voted The Best Google+ Users in 2011 CHOSEN BY Google+ COMMUNITY
- #286 on The Who's Who for Google Plus - The top 1000 Gplussers in the World in 2012.
- In the Top 1500 of 500 million G+ Users by an engagement-based metric.
- Listed as #1 for Top Google+ users working as Google+ Marketing on GPlusData.
- Was among the first to receive Hangouts onAir privileges before it became publicly available
- Known as the G+GoTo Gal for my Google+ strategies and tips.
- Invited by Google Israel to speak at a bloggers conference about Google+
- Member of the initial Google TV ambassador program (Invited to the Google complex for a tour as part of this initiative)
- Well-known Hangout host, with a weekly entrepreneurial interview show.
- One of the few non-Googlers invited to present a Google product (Hangouts as a business tool) at the Google office in Austin, TX.
- Featured on Mashable: How to Host a Google+ Hangout on Air
- Philanthropist: of the core group that launched Social Good Summit in Austin, TX, responsible for Work From Home Day.
- Everything Google+ (tips and tricks, how to's, Google updates, you get the drill)
- Google plus marketing for business
- CEO / Entrepreneur
- Parents (Got a 4 year old? How do you contribute to their well being?)
- Travel / out doors
- Geek / SciFi / Fantasy
- Hangout host
- Social Media
- Foodies / Baking / Wine
- Austin, TX
- Israel (Hebrew and culture).
- University of Texas in AustinSpanish and business, 2003 - 2006
- Google+ MarketingGoogle Plus Business marketing, 2011 - 2012
- Google plus marketing for businessAustin, TX
- ** I answer the questions that Google won'twww.gplusgotogal.com, present
- Hangout Host, Social media, Google Plus Marketing go-to gal. *Join my Hangouts every Thurs. at 11am CST* Follow my page +g+gotogalGo to GplusGoToGal.com to learn how to master GooglePlus, present
- Motech MarketingFull-Service Google Plus Marketing Firm | Social Media Marketing | Internet and video Marketing, 2011 - 2012
- Google plus marketing for businessAustin, TX
- Google plus marketing for personal brandsGoogle+ marketing for business