Reston Citizen's Assocation
Member of the Board of Directors, 2014 - present
● Worked to preserve and protect Reston’s founding principles through public advocacy work.
● Provided a voice on how Reston’s future will be affected by the arrival of the Silver Line and the change of land use patterns.
● Served as a liaison between Fairfax County officials and Reston residents on a range of issues.
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI)
Business Development, 2013 - present
● Implemented new, web-based recruitment system; trained IBTCI staff to use said system; established best practice and system maintenance to ensure data is both accurate and fresh.
● Balanced needs of various internal clients in managing the simultaneous recruitment of multiple urgent and high-profile positions, both field and home office.
● Successfully completed full-cycle recruitment on short deadlines, sometimes less than 24 hrs.
● Represented IBTCI at DoS Career Fairs and started to establish networks of independent consultants.
● Assisted in the development of several proposals for USAID, AfDB, ERDB, OAS and other development clients.
● Evaluated résumés and recruited candidates for both overseas projects as well as home office support.
● Supported managers by drafting and preparing documents, including CVs and bio sketches, for submission to USG as well as other international clients.
● Guided other interns on best practices as well as institutional history.
● Completed Special Projects as directed by CEO and HR Department.
● Performed receptionist duties, such as mail sorting and delivery, answering and directing phone calls.
● Conducted market research and collated a central tracker across business groups.
● Devised and instituted many new procedures, to increase internal productivity and provide cost savings to the company.
● Served as surge IT support
Founder/Head Writer, 2012 - present
The Advisory Board Company
Marketing Assistant, 2012 - 2012
Coordinated selling activities with CXO level prospects from the nation’s top hospitals and health care centers to position best practices research and tools
Scheduled meetings with CXO’s at leading hospitals from Chicago to Hawaii
Assisted in management of Director’s calendar and travel arrangements.
The Pivot Conference
East Coast Sponsorship Sales, 2011 - 2012
Responsible for full sales cycle across the East Coast for emerging Social Media Conference, headed by Brian Solis.
Independently sold in excess of $100k in sponsorships including companies that had never sponsored before like PeekYou.
Assisted in selling in excess of $1,000,000 of sponsorship with companies such as MicroStrategy
Fairleigh Dickinson University (FDU)
Resident Assistant - Orientation Leader - Student Assistant -, 2008 - 2010
Assessed and responded to the needs of all residents in ethnically diverse building of undergrad students.Managed various administrative duties including maintenance requests, incident reports, and room transfers as well as enforcing and upholding University policies
Sales, 2007 - 2008
Managed POS and sold phone hardware and plans in on-campus store.
Assessed and addressed customer service issues.
Provided limited phone repair services