How to transfer data from your previous phone to GALAXY Note 3
Switching to a new phone can be difficult, but it needn’t be. With Smart Switch, moving to the GALAXY Note 3 is easier than ever.
We all know how much of a hassle switching to a new phone can be. After you’ve copied all of your phone numbers, backed-up your photos and archived your text messages, you’ve then got to factor in data such as alarms, Wi-Fi settings, call logs, wallpapers, lock screen and app information. With Smart Switch we’ve taken the sting out of transferring data, ensuring you can get started with you GALAXY Note 3 straight away.
If you’re an existing Samsung Mobile user, transferring data from a device such as the GALAXY S4 or Note II is easy. Here’s how it’s done:
1) Navigate to Samsung Apps and download the Samsung Smart Switch Mobile on both of your GALAXY devices.
2) Bring the two devices within 20cm of each other and start Smart Switch Mobile on both devices.
3) Select ‘Connect’ on one of the devices. Smart Switch connects via audio signals, so make sure you’re in a quiet place otherwise it might be difficult to connect.
4) Select the content that you want to transfer. Smart Switch lets you transfer contacts, calendar dates, messages, pictures, music and more. Hit ‘Transfer’.
5) Tap ‘OK’ to accept the transfer of data on the receiving device.
6) You’ll see the progress bar indicating how much data has transferred.
7) When the data has transferred, Smart Switch Mobile lets you download all of the apps from your previous device.
That’s it! You’re ready to go with your Note 3.
If you’re restoring a backup from an iPhone to the Note 3, you’ll need to download Smart Switch (http://bit.ly/1gUGOOq
) and iTunes onto your computer:
1) Open iTunes and backup your iPhone. You’ll need to connect using a cable and store the backup on your computer, not iCloud.
2) Choose 'File', then 'Devices' and 'Back up'. If you're using iTunes 10.7 or earlier, right-click your iPhone and select 'Back up'.
3) Once completed, disconnect your iPhone and connect your GALAXY Note 3 using a USB cable. Close AutoPlay if it asks you how you want to connect your device.
4) Open the Smart Switch PC tool, wait for the software to detect your iPhone’s latest backup and connect your Note 3.
5) Once Smart Switch has detected the iPhone backup you created in iTunes, click ‘Next’.
6) Smart Switch will show you all the content it was able to fetch from the iPhone backup.
(iOS-specific data such as Wi-Fi settings, alarms, notes and iOS calendar information are not supported by Smart Switch, so make sure you make a note of these before transferring.)
7) The bar at the bottom of Smart Switch indicates the total size of the content waiting to be transferred. When you’re ready to transfer the content, select ‘Start transfer’. Smart Switch will transfer your iPhone backup to your GALAXY Note 3.
8) Do not disconnect your device until the transfer is complete. You’ll be able to see the status after the transfer has been completed. Smart Switch will transfer all available content, including a list of apps.
9) Disconnect your device, download and launch the Smart Switch Mobile app on your GALAXY Note 3.
10) On the main page of Smart Switch is the ‘Matches’ and ‘Recommendations’ tabs. The ‘Matches’ tabs shows you all of the applications that have exact matches in the Play Store, with ‘Recommended’ showing alternative apps if there isn’t an exact match.
Once you’ve downloaded your apps, you’re ready to go!
You can also download a PDF version of the guide here: http://bit.ly/K2Gsb1
What’s the first thing you do when switch phones? Let us know in the comments.
By Jonathan Hopkins, Contributing Writer
To find out more: http://bit.ly/Jz0d8M