Hey p5js/Processing.js people,
I recently started using p5.js. After transitioning from Processing to
Prcoessing.py, p5.js seems like a good step to go. Thanks for making this possible, and I expect to be contributing to the Github page soon.
At the moment there aren't a lot of real-time conversation places for p5.js. I have found the Education Page, the Forum, and of course the GitHub Issues page. There are great, searchable resources, but no direct access to human resources.
Two months ago I attended a conference called Research Bazaar, and they set up Gitter to serve the community and communications:https://gitter.im/resbaz/resbaz
. The goal is to provide a peer-supported "help desk" that anyone can access. Much like a mailing list: the services is free to use, and you get to socialise and discuss problems online.
I'd like to propose to set up a Gitter chatroom for processing/p5.js. It would benefit a multitude of users:
* Developers could share ideas and discuss implementation details there.
* New users could ask simple questions that can get help.
* Github Community is well-integrated in Gitter. You could view code, status,
run tests, and all kinds of things through it.
* General users could suggest new ideas and chat it out.
* Gitter can build a stronger, visible community.
I figured the quickest way to start a conversation is to say hello. If you think this is a great idea, or have other suggestions and comments, please don't hesitate to comment here.
I can also be reached by @Spaxe on Github, and @Xavier_Ho on Twitter.