- GDG Düsseldorf - and WTM - Women Techmakers Düsseldorf have our next meetup coming up - July 27 at Garagespace Bilk
First an introduction to Progressive Web apps and then we will talk Google Nearby API, Edystone, beacons and Internet of Things in an Android talk.
Christopher, who attended the Progressive Web Apps event in Amsterdam earlier this year will guide us through Progressive Webapps, and Pascal will present his talk from Droidcon in Berlin in June, "Let's get physical - with Nearby and Eddystone" .
And what IS a "Progressive Web App"? In short:
• Progressive - Work for every user, regardless of browser choice because they’re built with progressive enhancement as a core tenet.
• Responsive - Fit any form factor: desktop, mobile, tablet, or whatever is next.
• Connectivity independent - Enhanced with service workers to work offline or on low quality networks.
• App-like - Feel like an app to the user with app-style interactions and navigation because they’re built on the app shell model.
In short, Progressive Web Apps are enablers, especially with the offline functionality, improving the user experience for your users and potentially increasing business for business owners. As designers and developers we need to understand the latest and the greatest - and Christopher will give us our first introduction.
Pascal Welsch needs no further introduction, an experienced Android developer who is a long time member of GDG and have presented many interesting topics - now Pascal is back.
We will be learning more about Edystone beacons, the nearby API (Trello uses this, for example) and lots more. Put a beacon on your coffee mug and never lose it again?
As a little add-on, a surprise, we also have an interesting an inspiring talk about something completely different - related to tech, of course, but this one takes beyond the traditional space - come and join and see for yourself.
As always, networking, having a snack, catching up with everyone and getting engaged in new and interesting topics is half the fun - so come and join us even if you don't immediately feel you can use what you learn from the talks, I can guarantee that you'll always learn something, if you come with an open mind and bring a smile. Our discussions are always interesting.
Sign up either here or via Meetup, http://www.meetup.com/Google-Developer-Group-Dusseldorf/events/232704755/
See you on the 27:th!