Have you ever been to a networking mixer, had a microphone handed to you, and suddenly broke out in a shaky kneed, sweaty palmed panic at the thought of addressing the entire room?
Have you ever been caught off guard with a question you weren't prepared for?
These are just a couple of examples of situations where the public speaking and leadership skills honed at weekly Toastmasters meetings really come in handy. On Friday, we'll hear about the many benefits of being a Toastmaster.
The purpose of this Toastmasters episode is:
• to highlight to a small business and solopreneur audience the many benefits of honing public speaking and leadership skills, and the benefits of joining a Toastmaster club
• to share with to the audience, through personal stories and anecdotes, how beneficial being a Toastmaster has been to our panelists and their businesses
• to have a fun time, and maybe do one or two Table Topics demonstrations for the audience, if time allows
• to have this episode posted publicly on YouTube, so fellow Toastmasters can share it, embed it in their web pages, use it in their social posts, etc. - anywhere it can be useful to TM clubs.
• to provide my fellow Toastmasters with the Google Hangout experience, introducing them to a great new tool that can be very helpful in their club's social outreach efforts.
I hope to see you all back here on Friday, March 7th, at 4pm pst!
Time for another Power Chat! This week we will be discussing Business Efficiency with - another all star panel, indeed.
Each week we cover a variety of business topics and feature influencers & innovators from all types of industries who share their smarts. In a word: #Infotainment Oh, and we always get a little #BatCrapCrazy .
Check out this week's panel of fabulous guests:
- Evernote Consultant & All Around Mr. Man Optimizer. I love solving technical, operational and business inefficiencies using my unique ability to deconstruct complex problems, and leveraging technology to optimize business performance.
- Social Business Specialist|Brand Evangelist|Kick-ass Community Builder. Lynn's Mottos: evangelize, organize, strategize, simplify, celebrate, motivate, #GetYourSlice
- GoToGirl and Founding Member of - I am a "tools" girl. I like to have resources and tools that help you grow your business.
- - Mike is, among many things, a HootSuite Solution Provider so ... he knows what he's talking about! And, In the time It took you to read this far, he's has written 4 blogs.
Friday, February 21st at 9am PST | 10am MST | 11am CST|12pm EST
Find your timezone: http://bit.ly/MqYVPb
Special thanks to our show sponsor! Looking to take it to the next level with your Google Plus+ presence? Check out
How & where to watch:
- Google Events: Watch, comment & ask questions right here
- YouTube: http://bit.ly/SMPCYouTube
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheMiaConnect
- TweetHappy? Follow +The Mia Connect and tweet #BatCrapCrazy
Subscribe to +The Mia Connect community for updates:
Can't make the show? Not to worry - you can catch the Youtube replay right here on the event or at http://themiaconnect.com/episodes/
- author win charles inkceo, 2006 - present
(970) 703-4118, 97061888840, 9709253938
At age 24 I decided to tell my story. Writing this autobiography gave me the opportunity to pay tribute to my family members who are passionate about life and have instilled this passion in me. My parents’ extraordinary support, encouragment, and pure love were my foundation as I navigated life, overcame obstacles, and achieved successes as a young woman with cerebral palsy. I have to pay full tribute to my mother, who died in August 2010. From her I learned to listen to my own voice as a guide to making life choices. She taught me to always expect the best from myself.
My hope is that this book will provide insight into the extraordinary possibilities that those who live with disabilities have. I also hope that those without disabilities– rather than putting a focus on our differences – will come to understand what we all have in common. This book is for my mom, with love.
Also I’m self taught artist
My name is Win Charles. In 1987 I was born in Aspen, CO where I continue to live. I am a self-taught artist and became interested in doing artwork as a way to cope with having cerebral palsy. My inspiration for my artwork is life in general as well as roses, orchids and the flora and fauna of the Bahamas; I always had a life long admiration for the Bahaman Islands and it’s people and the flora and fauna of the Bahaman Islands.
What is my medium i use
Links to aspen rose arts
- Colorado Mountain Collegeedu, 2007 - present
The Center for Disability Rights - Free Our People
Error. Alert id or recipient id was not passed. powered by CQ Roll Call ©2014.