- William Rock LLC.CEO, 2001 - presentConversion Analytics Specialist first, then I figure out how to make the rest work :) KNOWN to Many as the #GeekAholic or #MasterGeek True Geek in every way possible, I enjoy technology and feel it is my destiny to keep companies not only SAFE ONLINE but to help them GROW their Internet Traffic into qualified leads. Areas of Expertise & Skills: I have a vast skill set gained through years of past experience. I provide high caliber marketing solutions to companies, and specialize in Conversion Analytics Training -Business Marketing Seminars - Internet Marketing Strategy Advisement Web Site / Off Site Forensics / Security Video / Editing Photography and Much More
- Half Price BannersE-Commerce Marketing Director, 6 - 2012My responsibilities include managing a complete online business selling vinyl banners and other promotion signage. My responsibilities include Paid advertising, SEO, Social Media, Video and develop extensive monthly reports for management to show our gains and or losses. Since I started in July Half Price Banners had very little organic traffic from the search engines and relied only on paid traffic from Google Adwords. Half Price Banners was spending 60 -80K per month on advertising on Google Adwords, I was able to modify the campaign and within 3 month decrease the monthly spend to 30-40k while at the same time increasing conversions. Within a few Months my other accomplishments was to quickly increase the organic rankings on the search engines, allowing us to gain double the business.
- NetStandard - Kansas City Data CenterInternet Marketing Director, 2011Privately Held; Information Technology and Services industry September 2007 – February 2011 - Managed PPC Campaigns - Managed Social Media - Developed SEO Strategy and Executed a successful campaign - Managed Content Writers - Maintained All Website Modifications - Produced corporate videos - Developed Trade show material and booth design NetStandard Inc. was at far the most difficult industry, I needed to rank in organic search with most of the keywords being just as hard as the credit card processing. My tasks included maintaining the online website, Social Media Campaigns, Print Media, and Trade Show Design, Video as well as many other duties. I was able to rank for over 1,000K + organic keywords resulting in online lead generation tracked through Microsoft CRM with profits analyzed with Microsoft GP. I ranked for root terms such as “Hosted Microsoft CRM “, “Kansas City Data Center”, as well many other manufacture type keywords putting the company above its competition and showcasing to the partners we are at the top of our game, this bringing us additional marketing dollars to spend generate more leads from the website. I was given the opportunity to acquire a large amount skills focused around conversion analytics and competitive analysis helping my fly by and take the tops results next to the big boys. Another opportunity I had was to shoot videos for both advertisement of the company not only getting the branding out on Google results but was able to bring the same exposure to some fantastic charity groups to help drive awareness to their cause through YouTube. I was given a camera and learned how to optimize video to rank well for very competitive keywords increasing the lead generation. Not only did I shoot the video but edited the film similar to a commercial, as well creating viral videos that would be shown at our Microsoft Partner conference, later being nominated for an award at the Kansas Business Association competing with other local marketing agencies. One of our many goals for ranking in the organic results led to a reduction in paid advertising spending.
- BankCard CentralInternet Marketing DirectorPrivately Held; 11-50 employees; Banking industry April 2005 – July 2007 - Managed PPC Campaigns - Managed Social Media - Developed SEO Strategy and Executed a successful campaign - Managed Content Writers - Maintained All Website Modifications While working with Choppers Apparel Rick Noble offered me a life changing job and moved my family out to Kansas City. Credit card processing is a huge industry and highly competitive. The PPC prices were over the $20 limit and some of the higher ranking words were more. It was imperative that Bank Card Central ranked very high in the organic search to avoid the high priced clicks of Google ad words. My duties were to do a complete redesign with their existing site, do the PPC campaign along with internet marketing and social media. I maintained the site and constantly changed the interior of the site to keep up with the newer technology with credit card processing.
- Choppers ApparelInternet Marketing DirectorApparel & Fashion industry February 2003 – April 2005 Choppers Apparel started out as both an online store and a walk in store located in a mall. Eventually the owners decided to go completely on line. This was a challenge to keep their rankings up because people were used to walking in a store instead of searching for them on the internet. Motorcycle apparel is a very competitive arena. My duties included creating an online e-commerce store, internet marketing and social media, Google ad words and a PPC campaign.
- Concrete NetworkInternet Marketing DirectorConcrete Network is a complete content oriented site based around the decorative concrete industry. My duties included internet marketing, Google ad words, PPC campaign, and working alongside another web designer, maintaining the site.
- Computer Career CenterWeb Design & Graphic Arts InstructorI was a student going through rehabilitation training from an injury and become a teacher Certified by the State of California to teach Web Design and Graphic Arts.
- Cybertime ISPWeb Designer / ConsultantThis was my Start in the Online Industry after getting injured as a Firefighter / Ski Instructor .. as I learned how to adapt to change, and had to learn web design just after MCSE school... the floppy disk days of Web Pages :)
I have a vast skill set gained through years of past experience. I provide high caliber marketing solutions to companies, and specialize in
- Conversion Analytics Training
- Business Marketing Seminars
- Internet Marketing Strategy Advisement
- Web Site / Off Site Forensics / Security
- Video / Editing
- Bass Fishing
- Sporting Clays
- R/C Truck Racing
Here's the YouTube recording of today's Open Forum. Sorry we weren't able to get to everyone's questions, but feel free to post your questions to the Community - http://bit.ly/semsearch
Huge thanks to the panelists who took time to join me today - , , and . You guys rock - let's do it again soon!
to view a website Jim and Larry have developed.
This past week I came across some painfully obvious fake reviews and testimonials on a number of websites. I was sharing my experience privately with who thought it would be a great idea to schedule a discussion about the issues surrounding testimonials and reviews as well the temptation and risk in faking them.
So, next week, David and I are going to embark on a mission to engage in a discussion around the importance of reviews and testimonials and why the temptation to fake them is so powerful.
The theme of our discussion, when you peel back the layers, is really about trust. And since David just wrote a cool book about trust, this topic seems to fit right in line with not only what he is trending with, but what is really, truly, seriously a major concern for you.
The truth is, trust is easy to fake, but dont let that ease lull you into a sense of comfort. It is just as easy to be found out.
And THAT, my friends, is what will guide my discussion with David. ;)
(No squirrels are harmed in the making of this program)
About Bill and Ammon's Bogus Hangout
This is not a polished, planned and scripted event. This is a casual hangout with old friends and new, shared with all. Somewhere around the halfway point, we'll post the link for anyone who wishes to come and join us (space permitting) allowing us to meet even more old and new friends.
The idea of pre-planning, a set topic, or even simply knowing who will be on the show this week? All totally bogus.
Free Air-Guitars to all attendees (exact model and colour may vary with imagination)
Our general style is to issue uninvited invitations, naming folks we think might like a chat, without asking first if they are available (or willing).
This week our uninvited invitations have gone to , , , , , and .
As ever, we'll open up the invitations to all for any empty seats once the hangout has begun. Feel free to jump in and not only join the conversation, but help steer it.
We have no idea yet who will actually turn up, and that's how we like it.
I've collected a bunch of articles, tips and tricks for the new Google+, so if you are interested - or confused! - check that out first.
There are also tips and updates for YouTube creators, local experts, webmasters, live broadcasters and mobile developers.
Get all this week's updates, articles and tips:
This is a Pic looking North as the Storms begin to build up :)
Google Panda 4.0 Update – Good News for Small Businesses?
Today in USA, Matt Cutts announced on Twitter that Google has rolled out 4.0 version of Google Panda Algorithm. Will this help small busines
Google Launches Two Algorithm Updates Including New Panda
Google makes changes to its algorithm every day (sometimes multiple changes in one day). When the company actually announces them, you know
Official: Google Payday Loan Algorithm 2.0 Launched: Targets "Very Spamm...
Google has confirmed they have released a new algorithm update to their Payday Loan Algorithm update over this weekend. This algorithm speci
Google Slaps Another Guest Blog Network: PostJoint
Google’s Matt Cutts somewhat confirmed on Twitter that Google has taken action on another guest blogging network. This network is named Post
Trivago.com Can't Sleep: 95% Loss of Search Visibility
Think you have a hotel horror story? Trivago, a hotel price comparison site, has one better. A Google Penguin penalty trashed their search v
Thursday Apple Rumors: Yahoo Wants to Become Apple’s Default Search Engi...
Yahoo wants to become the iOS default search engine; Apple to integrate song recognition in iOS 8; and Apple may boost its share buyback pro
Google might reward secure websites with better ranking
It's hip to encrypt
70% of Consumers Researching Cars Turn to Search Engines First [Stats]
New data from Kenshoo on the automotive industry shows that search engines are the number one place consumers go to find information about a
Google AdWords Call Conversions To Get More Granular, Enable Target ROAS...
Google is continuing to refine the way advertisers can track and optimize for conversion tracking events in AdWords. Last week, advertisers