- William Rock LLC.CEO, 2001 - presentConversion Analytics Specialist first, then I figure out how to make the rest work :) KNOWN to Many as the #GeekAholic or #MasterGeek True Geek in every way possible, I enjoy technology and feel it is my destiny to keep companies not only SAFE ONLINE but to help them GROW their Internet Traffic into qualified leads. Areas of Expertise & Skills: I have a vast skill set gained through years of past experience. I provide high caliber marketing solutions to companies, and specialize in Conversion Analytics Training -Business Marketing Seminars - Internet Marketing Strategy Advisement Web Site / Off Site Forensics / Security Video / Editing Photography and Much More
- Half Price BannersE-Commerce Marketing Director, 6 - 2012My responsibilities include managing a complete online business selling vinyl banners and other promotion signage. My responsibilities include Paid advertising, SEO, Social Media, Video and develop extensive monthly reports for management to show our gains and or losses. Since I started in July Half Price Banners had very little organic traffic from the search engines and relied only on paid traffic from Google Adwords. Half Price Banners was spending 60 -80K per month on advertising on Google Adwords, I was able to modify the campaign and within 3 month decrease the monthly spend to 30-40k while at the same time increasing conversions. Within a few Months my other accomplishments was to quickly increase the organic rankings on the search engines, allowing us to gain double the business.
- NetStandard - Kansas City Data CenterInternet Marketing Director, 2011Privately Held; Information Technology and Services industry September 2007 – February 2011 - Managed PPC Campaigns - Managed Social Media - Developed SEO Strategy and Executed a successful campaign - Managed Content Writers - Maintained All Website Modifications - Produced corporate videos - Developed Trade show material and booth design NetStandard Inc. was at far the most difficult industry, I needed to rank in organic search with most of the keywords being just as hard as the credit card processing. My tasks included maintaining the online website, Social Media Campaigns, Print Media, and Trade Show Design, Video as well as many other duties. I was able to rank for over 1,000K + organic keywords resulting in online lead generation tracked through Microsoft CRM with profits analyzed with Microsoft GP. I ranked for root terms such as “Hosted Microsoft CRM “, “Kansas City Data Center”, as well many other manufacture type keywords putting the company above its competition and showcasing to the partners we are at the top of our game, this bringing us additional marketing dollars to spend generate more leads from the website. I was given the opportunity to acquire a large amount skills focused around conversion analytics and competitive analysis helping my fly by and take the tops results next to the big boys. Another opportunity I had was to shoot videos for both advertisement of the company not only getting the branding out on Google results but was able to bring the same exposure to some fantastic charity groups to help drive awareness to their cause through YouTube. I was given a camera and learned how to optimize video to rank well for very competitive keywords increasing the lead generation. Not only did I shoot the video but edited the film similar to a commercial, as well creating viral videos that would be shown at our Microsoft Partner conference, later being nominated for an award at the Kansas Business Association competing with other local marketing agencies. One of our many goals for ranking in the organic results led to a reduction in paid advertising spending.
- BankCard CentralInternet Marketing DirectorPrivately Held; 11-50 employees; Banking industry April 2005 – July 2007 - Managed PPC Campaigns - Managed Social Media - Developed SEO Strategy and Executed a successful campaign - Managed Content Writers - Maintained All Website Modifications While working with Choppers Apparel Rick Noble offered me a life changing job and moved my family out to Kansas City. Credit card processing is a huge industry and highly competitive. The PPC prices were over the $20 limit and some of the higher ranking words were more. It was imperative that Bank Card Central ranked very high in the organic search to avoid the high priced clicks of Google ad words. My duties were to do a complete redesign with their existing site, do the PPC campaign along with internet marketing and social media. I maintained the site and constantly changed the interior of the site to keep up with the newer technology with credit card processing.
- Choppers ApparelInternet Marketing DirectorApparel & Fashion industry February 2003 – April 2005 Choppers Apparel started out as both an online store and a walk in store located in a mall. Eventually the owners decided to go completely on line. This was a challenge to keep their rankings up because people were used to walking in a store instead of searching for them on the internet. Motorcycle apparel is a very competitive arena. My duties included creating an online e-commerce store, internet marketing and social media, Google ad words and a PPC campaign.
- Concrete NetworkInternet Marketing DirectorConcrete Network is a complete content oriented site based around the decorative concrete industry. My duties included internet marketing, Google ad words, PPC campaign, and working alongside another web designer, maintaining the site.
- Computer Career CenterWeb Design & Graphic Arts InstructorI was a student going through rehabilitation training from an injury and become a teacher Certified by the State of California to teach Web Design and Graphic Arts.
- Cybertime ISPWeb Designer / ConsultantThis was my Start in the Online Industry after getting injured as a Firefighter / Ski Instructor .. as I learned how to adapt to change, and had to learn web design just after MCSE school... the floppy disk days of Web Pages :)
I have a vast skill set gained through years of past experience. I provide high caliber marketing solutions to companies, and specialize in
- Conversion Analytics Training
- Business Marketing Seminars
- Internet Marketing Strategy Advisement
- Web Site / Off Site Forensics / Security
- Video / Editing
- Bass Fishing
- Sporting Clays
- R/C Truck Racing
Google Analytics is a helpful tool when it comes to understanding your website traffic from and
One thing you can track is landing pages, these pages are where a visitor enters your website and may not be the home page. You need to understand what pages people land on, so you can make sure they are top notch and giving the visitor direction as to what you want them to do on your site.
Charlie looks at how you can build stronger brand signals through simple and sophisticated SEO techniques. We’ll learn how emphasising your expertise, trustworthiness and market authority helps build a great website experience, why future SEO campaigns should have branding baked into their foundations, and how brand signals naturally mix with your content and link earning tactics.
Responding Yes or Maybe will set a reminder so you can catch the replay.)
Watch live at Actation Now! http://actationnow.com/this-weeks-zap/
*Hashtag: #MWZlive * Please use for your tweets and when sharing out the show.
Like the topic? Know someone that will enjoy it? Invite your friends!
Love the show? Become a patron for just $1 a month.http://www.patreon.com/ZaraAltair
Technical SEO, link building, on-page SEO, content marketing, content strategy
I heard Charlie speak back in February and knew he was perfect for Zapsters who care about their web presence.
If you came to the show and commented in the events page, you will be put in a notification circle to be invited to future shows.
Host +Zara Altair created *The Midweek Zap*to help you develop an online strategy that works for you and your business. You are here!
Go to Actation Now! website to view all original events plus articles to help you create and sustain your web presence.
One of the highlights of SMX Advanced was our AMA session with Webmaster Trends Analyst, Watch on as of Search Engine Land asks the hard hitting questions about Google's latest developments!
Add your questions to this event page, this session is open to anything webmaster related like crawling, indexing, mobile sites, internationalization, duplicate content, Sitemaps, Webmaster Tools, pagination, duplicate content, multi-lingual/multi-regional sites, etc.
This is a Hangout on Air on Google+. It works best with a webcam + headset. You can find out more about Hangouts and how to participate at https://sites.google.com/site/webmasterhelpforum/en/office-hours
Feel free to drop by - we welcome webmasters of all levels! If you would like to join this hangout live & in person, and haven't been able to get in recently, please leave a note here and we'll try to invite you a few minutes before we start.
Yesterday, one of my clients received a Manual Penalty from Google ..
however this gave me a better idea on how these penalties work in the WILD..
Imagine You have a New Website Redesign
And you have made sure everything is correct including 301 redirects and such but forget what modules or plugins maybe installed after you go live with the NEW Website.
#AND What if a Spammer was to take advantage of that #OPEN opportunity. #YIKES that could be VERY #BAD and can Affect your Rankings :(
Google is getting super smart with #MachineLearning
So why is this important ?
--->>> Are You Using Google Webmaster Tools / Search Console ?
If not, I highly recommend it for anyone with a website these days.
Why ? = Without Verifying your Site, you miss out on important messages from Google.
So a #SIMPLE *Example* without giving client details, this client received the message on Sunday.. With over 808 posts with
USER Generated SPAM also creating TONS of Users in the Database causing for tons of work from the webmaster...
However, in todays world we have tools like #XRumer
with the capability to find open opportunities to engage in your community and most of the time you will not see them post with the mix of others.
Without Moderators in the Community you will not be able to filter or detect random posts from a #SPAMBOT
The Goal of the #SPAMBots is to Create content with links from your highly #TRUSTED Website... YIKES , and in the past this technique would work with Google... However with Todays #Penguin Algorithm as well many others in the mix to detect signals like this.
Imagine if these guys could still RANK from backlinks from your website ? No worries, based on this finding I am very confident Google can detect and help my websites.
In this case for me, Google detected this JUNK on my website within 1 week..... WOW, this algorithm will get faster everyday :)
More on USER Generated Content SPAM @
Thank You Google for informing me about this issue :)
I had to explain to a corporate colleague, yesterday, why I spend so much time and energy on G+ engaging and interacting, putting up original content (when my website should be really benefiting from it) and sharing a lot of original information and insights (which should logically be kept for my books which bring me money.)
It was a fair question which became the initiation point for a long discussion into which were also drawn his line manager and the company's Corporate Communications expert.
I had to delve deep into my own motivations in order to actually make sense to people who don't use G+ and see social networks only as a marketing tool. As the discussion evolved I used their Whiteboard to sketch a few connections and relationships. I began to explain that there is a high level or reciprocity within G+ that is not evidenced in Twitter or even Facebook despite the fact that the latter is mostly close friends and family.
Once I started to look at it through the prism of Trust (which is the subject of an upcoming book which has me buried in research as well as writing) things began to fall into place.
What's more, the usual 'soft' platitudes of making friends with people you have never met and actually trusting them, suddenly began to make more sense.
Everything here is a contract of sorts, running on Transactional Trust and governed by the Reciprocity Response (https://goo.gl/mPAJWc). Transactional Trust, in turn, is made up of three other different types of trust, each of which has its own key points.
Not only does this help all of us interact in ways which provide mutual gains but it allows us to interact with different people, differently, calculate 'trust' differently for everyone and differently for each situation while still understanding that it is trust we use.
Trust is the key ingredient in establishing and strengthening connections between individuals which then begin to figure into such other concepts as identity, self-worth and the establishment of one's presence. In semantic search trust is the key value ascribed in the interaction and engagement between Entities.
When I got home my Whiteboard doodle became the diagram you see below. Have one awesome Saturday. :)
Here is the TimeStamp where they talk about Panda and Penguin and what to expect in the future
and would highly recommend watching the entire interview.. Tons of Fantastic News :)
Can't keep up with all the changes to Google's search engine result pages, or SERPs? Relax – gets everyone up to speed with the latest. Using data from the Moz Mozcast service, Meyers guides us through the growth of Knowledge Graph boxes, what's been going on with the "Local Pack" boxes, changes with carousel displays and more.
Moderator: , Founding Editor, Search Engine Land (@dannysullivan)
Speaker: Dr. Pete Myers (@dr_pete), Marketing Scientist at Moz
A Newly published Google patent application explores how Answer Boxes might be triggered in search results in response an a search result that can be associated with an answer box topic. The patent application was published a couple of weeks ago, so this is potentially a fairly new technique to Google
Google Panda 4.0 Update – Good News for Small Businesses?
Today in USA, Matt Cutts announced on Twitter that Google has rolled out 4.0 version of Google Panda Algorithm. Will this help small busines
Google Launches Two Algorithm Updates Including New Panda
Google makes changes to its algorithm every day (sometimes multiple changes in one day). When the company actually announces them, you know
Official: Google Payday Loan Algorithm 2.0 Launched: Targets "Very Spamm...
Google has confirmed they have released a new algorithm update to their Payday Loan Algorithm update over this weekend. This algorithm speci
Google Slaps Another Guest Blog Network: PostJoint
Google’s Matt Cutts somewhat confirmed on Twitter that Google has taken action on another guest blogging network. This network is named Post
Trivago.com Can't Sleep: 95% Loss of Search Visibility
Think you have a hotel horror story? Trivago, a hotel price comparison site, has one better. A Google Penguin penalty trashed their search v
Thursday Apple Rumors: Yahoo Wants to Become Apple’s Default Search Engi...
Yahoo wants to become the iOS default search engine; Apple to integrate song recognition in iOS 8; and Apple may boost its share buyback pro
Google might reward secure websites with better ranking
It's hip to encrypt
70% of Consumers Researching Cars Turn to Search Engines First [Stats]
New data from Kenshoo on the automotive industry shows that search engines are the number one place consumers go to find information about a
Google AdWords Call Conversions To Get More Granular, Enable Target ROAS...
Google is continuing to refine the way advertisers can track and optimize for conversion tracking events in AdWords. Last week, advertisers
Adopt A Contingency Search Marketing Plan Before You Get Dinged
What if you were penalized or deindexed in Google? What if you accidentally blocked everything in your robots.txt file? What if you didn’t k