- William Rock LLC.CEO, 2001 - presentConversion Analytics Specialist first, then I figure out how to make the rest work :) KNOWN to Many as the #GeekAholic or #MasterGeek True Geek in every way possible, I enjoy technology and feel it is my destiny to keep companies not only SAFE ONLINE but to help them GROW their Internet Traffic into qualified leads. Areas of Expertise & Skills: I have a vast skill set gained through years of past experience. I provide high caliber marketing solutions to companies, and specialize in Conversion Analytics Training -Business Marketing Seminars - Internet Marketing Strategy Advisement Web Site / Off Site Forensics / Security Video / Editing Photography and Much More
- Half Price BannersE-Commerce Marketing Director, 6 - 2012My responsibilities include managing a complete online business selling vinyl banners and other promotion signage. My responsibilities include Paid advertising, SEO, Social Media, Video and develop extensive monthly reports for management to show our gains and or losses. Since I started in July Half Price Banners had very little organic traffic from the search engines and relied only on paid traffic from Google Adwords. Half Price Banners was spending 60 -80K per month on advertising on Google Adwords, I was able to modify the campaign and within 3 month decrease the monthly spend to 30-40k while at the same time increasing conversions. Within a few Months my other accomplishments was to quickly increase the organic rankings on the search engines, allowing us to gain double the business.
- NetStandard - Kansas City Data CenterInternet Marketing Director, 2011Privately Held; Information Technology and Services industry September 2007 – February 2011 - Managed PPC Campaigns - Managed Social Media - Developed SEO Strategy and Executed a successful campaign - Managed Content Writers - Maintained All Website Modifications - Produced corporate videos - Developed Trade show material and booth design NetStandard Inc. was at far the most difficult industry, I needed to rank in organic search with most of the keywords being just as hard as the credit card processing. My tasks included maintaining the online website, Social Media Campaigns, Print Media, and Trade Show Design, Video as well as many other duties. I was able to rank for over 1,000K + organic keywords resulting in online lead generation tracked through Microsoft CRM with profits analyzed with Microsoft GP. I ranked for root terms such as “Hosted Microsoft CRM “, “Kansas City Data Center”, as well many other manufacture type keywords putting the company above its competition and showcasing to the partners we are at the top of our game, this bringing us additional marketing dollars to spend generate more leads from the website. I was given the opportunity to acquire a large amount skills focused around conversion analytics and competitive analysis helping my fly by and take the tops results next to the big boys. Another opportunity I had was to shoot videos for both advertisement of the company not only getting the branding out on Google results but was able to bring the same exposure to some fantastic charity groups to help drive awareness to their cause through YouTube. I was given a camera and learned how to optimize video to rank well for very competitive keywords increasing the lead generation. Not only did I shoot the video but edited the film similar to a commercial, as well creating viral videos that would be shown at our Microsoft Partner conference, later being nominated for an award at the Kansas Business Association competing with other local marketing agencies. One of our many goals for ranking in the organic results led to a reduction in paid advertising spending.
- BankCard CentralInternet Marketing DirectorPrivately Held; 11-50 employees; Banking industry April 2005 – July 2007 - Managed PPC Campaigns - Managed Social Media - Developed SEO Strategy and Executed a successful campaign - Managed Content Writers - Maintained All Website Modifications While working with Choppers Apparel Rick Noble offered me a life changing job and moved my family out to Kansas City. Credit card processing is a huge industry and highly competitive. The PPC prices were over the $20 limit and some of the higher ranking words were more. It was imperative that Bank Card Central ranked very high in the organic search to avoid the high priced clicks of Google ad words. My duties were to do a complete redesign with their existing site, do the PPC campaign along with internet marketing and social media. I maintained the site and constantly changed the interior of the site to keep up with the newer technology with credit card processing.
- Choppers ApparelInternet Marketing DirectorApparel & Fashion industry February 2003 – April 2005 Choppers Apparel started out as both an online store and a walk in store located in a mall. Eventually the owners decided to go completely on line. This was a challenge to keep their rankings up because people were used to walking in a store instead of searching for them on the internet. Motorcycle apparel is a very competitive arena. My duties included creating an online e-commerce store, internet marketing and social media, Google ad words and a PPC campaign.
- Concrete NetworkInternet Marketing DirectorConcrete Network is a complete content oriented site based around the decorative concrete industry. My duties included internet marketing, Google ad words, PPC campaign, and working alongside another web designer, maintaining the site.
- Computer Career CenterWeb Design & Graphic Arts InstructorI was a student going through rehabilitation training from an injury and become a teacher Certified by the State of California to teach Web Design and Graphic Arts.
- Cybertime ISPWeb Designer / ConsultantThis was my Start in the Online Industry after getting injured as a Firefighter / Ski Instructor .. as I learned how to adapt to change, and had to learn web design just after MCSE school... the floppy disk days of Web Pages :)
I have a vast skill set gained through years of past experience. I provide high caliber marketing solutions to companies, and specialize in
- Conversion Analytics Training
- Business Marketing Seminars
- Internet Marketing Strategy Advisement
- Web Site / Off Site Forensics / Security
- Video / Editing
- Bass Fishing
- Sporting Clays
- R/C Truck Racing
Are you CLOSED NOW on Google??? Business Hours as a Local Search Conversion Rate Factor - With Google's emphasis on showing business hours AND hanging a big red "Closed Now" sign on your listing after hours, it's super important to make sure your hours are correct.
If I had an emergency at 10PM, who am I going to call in the pack below! The one that's open right? Note that one at the bottom of the pack has the least amount of reviews - but if a consumer is in need, they'll call whoever looks open. (So in this case "Open" trumps both ranking and reviews.)
Here's how to ETHICALLY optimize hours for Google search and boost conversions and sales!
When consumers use Google’s search engine to look for terms like “lock repair” or “house cleaners,” they’ll get more than a series of links — they’ll also get businesses prescreened by Google that could be paired with potential clients.
Looks to me what Google is trying to take these search results and automatically produce "qualified" businesses just like all of those business directory listing websites.
Just like with any Google product they are taking it for a test "drive" (Sorry I could not resist the pun on the driverless cars)
Google is testing this is to cater more to "local" search results and highlight businesses who have proven themselves as ethical and trust worthy.
Makes sense to me!
Video Networking with Everyone on your Twitter Profile.. Today I was on a Show and the Host decided that we where going to take the entire audience from the show to a NEW link within Blab with a Show that only has a small group and MOB it.
It was Amazing to watch all of those viewers actually jump over and have 2 Blabs going at the same time ...
Just after the Show they had a ton of other people not from our group in the show within seconds.
Blab is still very much in Beta however this new technology caught the attention of many all over the world.
Check it out when you get some time @ https://blab.im
However be careful, it is very Addicting .. Networking on Steroids :)
Join us as Rand Fishkin talks #SEO , the digital marketing industry, and in an exclusive interview with our . Reply "Yes" to get a reminder next week!
Here is a Great Quote from the Article
A wise person once said that if you think search engine optimization (SEO) is expensive, you should see how expensive cheap SEO gets
here is a fantastic help document from Google that goes through how to setup the Funnel Reporting within Google Analytics.
Here is the Link to the Help Doc @
Once you have it setup then you can play with some of the advanced reporting within the tool.
I have always loved watching simple modifications within a A/B Split Test Campaign allowing you to see exactly where in the funnel that the visitor experienced lagged.
Imagine if you ran an ecommerce website and after someone added something to the shopping cart and had an issue during checkout..
Without watching the Funnel it is hard to tell if there was a technical issue that needs to be addressed or just a look and buy later visitor.
I have seen in some cases companies spending a ton of Advertising dollars toward a website and wonder why the lead does not finishing the transaction. Test - Test and Re-Test :)
Here is the Link to the Help Doc @
I've been playing with Blab for the last few days. It's Hangouts On Air for the masses. I've had the opportunity to get in meaningful conversations and relationship building with top influencers I've never been able to talk to in person before.
Anyway, after being in a bunch of Blabs and watching how people are using it, I've decided NOT to try to create some regularly scheduled show, at least for now. What people seem to love on Blab is the spontaneous chats that happen the way they would at a local bar or coffee shop.
So that's what I'm going to do. From time to time, when I have time, I'll schedule a show where I'll invite smart people I know to seed the chat, and then let others rotate in to the "seats" as we go.
No fixed topic, just smart stuff that anyone wants to bring up. Can be marketing, biz, tech, science....whatever.
I'm calling it Wicked Smaht Chat (in honor of Stone Temple Consulting's Boston roots).
First show later today at 5pm ET. Go to https://blab.im/mark-traphagen-wicked-smaht-chat-smartblab and click the subscribe button to get notified when the show starts!
See you on Blab! #blab #smartblab #hangingout #chat
One of my friends created a Fantastic Tutorial on how to Blab or not to Blab :) Be Carful because it is Addicting ...
More Information about this NEW Social Network using Twitter
Both and myself hosted the 128th Show as we are Finally Coming Back on Friday's.
Today we discussed the Google Local Listings with the
3 Pack vs. the 7 Pack along with the changing landscape for companies and their competitors going forward.
We also spoke about the Companies getting SPAM calls about Google My Business Listings and what to do about them.
Here is a Google Help Document about what to do in this situation.
Another Great Topic that came about is how to get #HELP
with your Business Listing..
One would be to Ask Your Question within the Google Help Forums
and the other is:
Call a Google Rep about your Listing
All in all it was a Fun Show :) We hope to See you All Next Friday.
View Archived Shows:
Tons of Great Information for Webmaster's & Marketers
A Must Watch :)
If you have not been #EXPOSED to this Book, here is an #EASY Audio Version this way you have no excuses not to pay attention :)
Oh and it is FREE, just an FYI :)
this is one of my Favorite Books with personal skills developed after reading as well the exposure for many of the years always thinking of this book based on what I #Learn from so many of my #Peeps
Google Panda 4.0 Update – Good News for Small Businesses?
Today in USA, Matt Cutts announced on Twitter that Google has rolled out 4.0 version of Google Panda Algorithm. Will this help small busines
Google Launches Two Algorithm Updates Including New Panda
Google makes changes to its algorithm every day (sometimes multiple changes in one day). When the company actually announces them, you know
Official: Google Payday Loan Algorithm 2.0 Launched: Targets "Very Spamm...
Google has confirmed they have released a new algorithm update to their Payday Loan Algorithm update over this weekend. This algorithm speci
Google Slaps Another Guest Blog Network: PostJoint
Google’s Matt Cutts somewhat confirmed on Twitter that Google has taken action on another guest blogging network. This network is named Post
Trivago.com Can't Sleep: 95% Loss of Search Visibility
Think you have a hotel horror story? Trivago, a hotel price comparison site, has one better. A Google Penguin penalty trashed their search v
Thursday Apple Rumors: Yahoo Wants to Become Apple’s Default Search Engi...
Yahoo wants to become the iOS default search engine; Apple to integrate song recognition in iOS 8; and Apple may boost its share buyback pro
Google might reward secure websites with better ranking
It's hip to encrypt
70% of Consumers Researching Cars Turn to Search Engines First [Stats]
New data from Kenshoo on the automotive industry shows that search engines are the number one place consumers go to find information about a
Google AdWords Call Conversions To Get More Granular, Enable Target ROAS...
Google is continuing to refine the way advertisers can track and optimize for conversion tracking events in AdWords. Last week, advertisers