Hi, I want to update my Google Analytics Tracking code to support display advertising, this page should help me: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2444872. However, my trackingcode doesn't look like this at all! Can anybody tell me how to do this with the most recent version of the normal analytics code?
3 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- It sounds like you might be using the old synchronous version of the tracking code; if so, it's time to upgrade.
For reasons why, and instructions, take a look at http://searchenginewatch.com/article/2249537/Is-Your-Google-Analytics-Code-Up-to-DateFeb 15, 2014
- That code is clasic analytics you can tell by the .push universal analytics uses ga ()Feb 15, 2014
- Hi I'm somewhat confused now, so the information of Google is using an old code to explain us something? The website I'm talking about is klepbankonline(dot)nl, can somebody tell me if I'm using the correct code?Feb 15, 2014
- Aha -- you're using Universal Analytics (which is newer than the asynchronous code, and newer than the version I initially thought you were using.)
Sadly, there's no support for display advertising / demographic targeting with Universal Analytics.
We don't know when this support will be implemented, but the general consensus is that it will be supported before too long.
If you really need the Display Advertiser support urgently, your best bet would be to use Google Tag Manager to install the dc.js tracking code (as described in the Google support page you linked) alongside your current Universal Analytics code.Feb 15, 2014
- I will wait in that case, thanks for helping!Feb 16, 2014