Learn new tips and tricks for taking your Google Forms to the next level. Hear how Will Kimbley, an Instructional Technology Consultant at the Tulare County Office of Education, took control of student Docs sharing nightmares and how he uses Google Forms to...
Beyond Keyboarding: Authentic Writing and the Common Core Posted by Will Kimbley on February 10, 2014 at portical.org As a county office educational technology consultant, one of the hottest topics I am asked about is how to build student technology skill...
Always a bridesmaid! LOL Thank you!
A special thanks to all who already voted for The Daring Librarian blog, a finalist in the Edublog Awards!
We worked with Google Certified Teachers to create lesson plans for middle and high school classrooms around INTERSTELLAR, a new movie from Christopher Nolan that explores topics from climate change to space travel to the theory of relativity.
Schools can purchase group tickets now and be among the first to see the film. When the movie opens on November 5 a wide range of lesson plans will be available for teachers to download.
Read an interview with Christopher Nolan and learn more on the Google for Education blog. goo.gl/CmuFbO
SAMR and Teacher Confidence: A confluence of models Posted by Will Kimbley on February 20, 2015 at portical.org As someone who works to assist educators with the integration of technology into instruction, I work with a wide variety of experience levels a...
iPads, and Netbooks, and Chromebooks! Oh My! Posted by Will Kimbley on November 3, 2013 at portical.org The times they are a-changin’. Previously, there have been haves and have-nots with regard to the presence of technology in education. Now, the demands...
Middle and high school classrooms can explore the real math and science behind the new film INTERSTELLAR from director Christopher Nolan. INTERSTELLAR lesson plans were created by Google Certified Teachers with educational standards in mind.
Share your experience with other educators by posting with #InterstellarEdu, and see the film now in theaters. http://interstellar.withgoogle.com/for-educators
- Tulare County Office of EducationInstructional Technology Consultant, 2013 - present
- Computech Middle SchoolTeacher, 7th Grade Computer Applications, 2011 - 2013
- Teach InteractiveProfessional Development
- Yokomi Science & Technology Elementary, Fresno UnifiedTeacher, TSA Technology, 2008 - 2011
- Chavez Elementary, Madera UnifiedTeacher, 2006 - 2008
- Precision Services LocksmithOwner, 1991 - 2012
- People to PeopleTeacher leader, 2007 - 2009
- Google Certified Teacher
- Microsoft Innovative Educator
- YouTube Star Teacher
- Teach Interactive Professional Development
- Rock Star Teacher Summer Tech Camp faculty
- Central Valley Computer Using Educators: President
- Central Valley Science Project: Instructional Technology Specialist
- San Joaquin Valley Math Project: Instructional Technology presenter
- Fresno Unified Math Academy: Participant
- Fresno Pacific University credential program: Master Teacher & Technology Workshop Presenter
- Thinkfinity Field Trainer
- CUE/ISTE/NSTA presenter
- BrainPOP Educators webinar presenter
- WestEd Education Research field research teacher
- California State University, Monterey BayMasters of Science in Instructional Science & Technology, 2011 - 2012
- California State University FresnoSTEM/Math/Science professional development
- Fresno Pacific UniversityTeaching Credential, 2005 - 2006
- Fresno Pacific UniversityLiberal Studies, 2003 - 2005
- Fresno City CollegeLiberal Studies, 2001 - 2003
- Madera Christian College1995 - 1997
- Roosevelt High, Fresno, CA1981 - 1981
- Lincoln High, San Francisco, CA1979 - 1981
- Balboa High, San Francisco, CA1978 - 1979
5 Critical Mistakes Schools Make With iPads (And How To Correct Them) - ...
While we’ve witnessed many effective approaches to incorporating iPads successfully in the classroom, we’re struck by the common mistakes ma
Rock Star Teachers to assemble @ USS Hornet for Top Gun Professional Dev...
It's always an honor to be invited to present at CUE's ROCK STAR TEACHER SUMMER CAMP, these days are filled with bleeding-edge Ed Tech and s
Author James Dashner Discusses the Origins of His New Prequel, The Kill ...
The Maze Runner sci-fi trilogy thrilled readers, and now James Dashner talks about his prequel, The Kill Order, complete with sun flares and
Roseanne Roasters Revealed! Carrie Fisher, Seth Green, Katey Sagal, Shar...
COMEDY CENTRAL is gearing up for the mother of all Roasts! The network announced today an all-star roster of Roasters who, along with Roast
Resetting Education: YouTube and the Flipped classroom
How YouTube is helping teachers reinvent the traditional classroom structure
Flipped Classroom Infographic #flippedclassroom #blendedlearning #edtech
Many educators are experimenting with the idea of a flipped classroom model. Find out what it is and why everyone's talking about it.
Adventures in Pencil Integration: Why Were Your Kids Playing Games?
Why Were Your Kids Playing Games? "We need to talk," the principal tells me. "Mind if I shut the door?" I ask. "I d