- WillConley.comWriter, 1999 - present
- Arizona Republic Online (past)
- Art New England (past)
- Ask.com (past)
- The Cynic Testifies (current)
- eHow (past)
- Essortment (past)
- Facebook for Beginners (past)
- The Good Men Project (past)
- Houston Chronicle Online (past)
- Livestrong (past)
- Man of Many Words (past)
- The Minnesota Daily (past)
- National Journal (past)
- New Haven Advocate (past)
- Opposing Views People (past)
- Opposing Views Science (past)
- Pulse of the Twin Cities (past)
- Salon (past)
- Skrib Magazine (current)
- SlashGear (past)
- This Blog Rules (past)
I do straightforward journalism, researched feature articles, and unfounded opinion pieces.
In the fiction realm I do comedy bits, video scripts, poems, and books.
I have also helped businesses sculpt their messaging.
Make With the Name Dropping
My typing has appeared in National Journal, Salon, Houston Chronicle, Arizona Republic, Pulse of the Twin Cities, New Haven Advocate, Art New England, Skrib Magazine, The Good Men Project, This Blog Rules, Opposing Views, Livestrong, SlashGear, and other esteemed annals.
The New York Times linked to my video parody of wine impresario Gary Vaynerchuk here. Gawker referred to me as one of Twitter’s “Twitterati” here. Lifehacker held me up as an exemplar of making productive use of Foursquare while not being annoying here.
I interviewed John McCain, Tom Daschle, Trent Lott and a host of other United States Senators and Congresspersons inside and around the Capitol building in Washington, D.C. as a political journalism intern in early 2001.
In 2012 Penguin Group published an insulting book about parenting that I ghosttyped without the bothersome handicap of actually being a parent.
I Got Schooled
I absorbed media theory at the University of Minnesota’s School of Journalism and Mass Communication. I met journalism as a general reporter for the university newspaper, the Minnesota Daily. I learned about the national political machinery from Beltway insiders through Terry Michael’s Washington Center for Politics and Journalism seminar series.
I studied French language and culture at the Sorbonne, University of Paris through the University of Minnesota’s “August [now July] in Paris” program.
Other life experiences that inform my typing include an ill-fated stint as a professional dancing horn blower as part of the original London cast of Blast!; pounding nails into roofs in New Mexico in the summertime; being kidnapped as a baby; and other things that happened.
This Is Happening
I’m working on a memoir about my family, a compendium of “famous” (fake) quotes, a satirical dictionary inspired by Ambrose Bierce and Gustave Flaubert, and a book about God.
- University of Minnesota, Twin Cities CampusJournalism, 1998 - 2001
- Washington Center for Politics and JournalismPolitical Journalism, 2001 - 2001
- University of Paris IV (Sorbonne)French Language and Culture, 1999 - 1999
- Irondale High SchoolMusic, Drama, Everything, 1994 - 1998