WEUSETV—“TV Made from Scratch!”
Who Are We?
WEUSETV, (acronym, “We are the United States of Earth TV”), was born from an idea from the brilliant mind of Andrea Giovannini, an Italian entrepreneur. The “platform” was created by a team of young programming enthusiasts from the realms of web marketing and digital media, focusing in particular on the world of online videos. The enterprise itself is headquartered in Livorno, in the Tuscan region of Italy.
Andrea, a passionate and eclectic adventurer, from an early age, was attracted to the world of video, after a long professional course in the financial sector, decided to dedicate part of his time to his biggest passion--and so he started to run a series of YouTube channels, quickly realizing the many problems linked to the world of digital video marketing. During this adventure, (which really came about almost by accident), he met Federico Meini, and young and brilliant programmer, (and who we can now credit as a co-founder of WEUSETV), and Andrea decided to involve him in his crazy idea to create a platform in which the various elements of social video networking could be combined, simultaneously offering its users the very tools to expand their public, with the possibility to research and archive the gathered video content. Together the two friends, after a lot of research, managed to locate two expert programmers—who were themselves quite enthusiastic about video and both founder/partners of two distinct web agencies, Archibuzz and Oimmei, which have provided all their necessary technical skills to realize the platform prototype.
What We Do
Our mission is to supply advanced tools to satisfy the always expanding needs of a vast spectrum of users: from one side the video content creators and on the other—the users of this content. After years of market and project analysis for the platform, we have succeeded in the realizing the first true “social video network collector” to the world that we present to you for the first time in our prototype version. We aim to expand the platform in multiple ways and for this reason, it is necessary to have your support. Your feedback will be very useful as we work to address the functionality of the portal with respect to your needs.
Why You Should Use WEUSETV
If the global market for web service is experiencing a strong growth—then, in terms of its being linked to the world of video and video marketing, this area is growing even more. All of the main signals show how video will be next to occupy the role of protagonist in the world of digital marketing, booting ordinary television from its long-held role as “queen of the media.” WEUSETV places itself in this market context as the only true “social video network collector,” able to facilitate two distinct typologies of users: the creators of video content and the users of online video. Already in its current state, the prototype of the platform already gives both types of users benefits from the multiple services provided, many of which are absolutely innovative and not currently accessible via the current video sharing platforms.
In particular, basic users (to intend those who are not creators of content):
- to follow their preferred channels, monitoring their idols, “as it's happening,”
- to help their chosen video creators, by expanding their popularity in many ways, (by voting or adding commentary to the various content present, proposing a better categorization for each video, giving reviews for their favorites—via the blog that WEUSETV makes available for each user, sharing the contents that interest each user the most—simultaneously with the main social networking platforms, etc.)
- to research with extreme ease—thanks to the help of numerous filters—all the contents that interest them
- to import and share video of whatever type, belonging to the main video sharing networks, (at the moment, the prototype version taken into consideration YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo e Dailymotion), and to import or create personalized playlists with these contents
- to create their own playlist folders, places in which they can gather elements according to genre or according to whatever other criteria of differentiation—for all of their own personalized playlists, which are created directly upon the platform, or else elements can be imported from exterior sources.
- To invite their friends to follow them on the platform
The creators, (to intend those who have created content) - besides the aforementioned functions which are dedicated to basic users - will also have the possibility to:
- to import with just a click, their channels/playlists/videos from whichever of the four platforms desired
- to receive donations from their fans
- to have at their availability a showcase that displays all their channels/videos/playlists/folders, independently from the platform in which they have been created, improving the organic way of indexing
- to add tags to their videos—besides those already present on the source platforms—expanding the visibility of this content
- to receive points—on the basis of their web activity within the portal—via badges categorized by color and design and made available on the platform, that allow them to amplify their visibility, slowly but surely resulting in a continued climb in classification.
- The use of statistics—both general and detailed by channel/medium—in way that allows for constant monitoring of trends regarding their own popularity and evaluating the main variables on which they can leverage the growth of their brand
How It Functions
- You simply need to sign yourself up at the platform via email and password, or via the login you use for your main social networking sites (for which you are already signed up), and you will have your personalizable profile on WEUSETV to get started as a user.
- Download and install the extension for Chrome/Firefox to make importing your preferred contents easier. In this way, you will have the possibility to add your videos to the WEUSETV playlist, directly from Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo and Dailymotion. If you want to add these elements also to your smartphone or tablet, you will have to also download a free application from one of the various sources available, (the Apple, Play, or Windows stores),
- Begin importing your videos or preferred playlists from whatever given network and create your personal, “virtual video library,” accessible from either your smartphone or your PC.
- Import content via the automated procedure—one or two video channels, (to include YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, and Dailymotion), and you will earn yourself the qualification of “Video Creator,” thus having access to all the functions that the platform offers.