- Bishop Electrical Engineers & Contractors, BD2 3TFBuyer / Admin, 2001 - presentBuy materials for the electricians to use on site. Print out drawings and specifications to be used for tendering. Deal with clients and customers on the phone and email. Produce operating and instruction manuals. CAD operator designing layouts of light fittings, small power and fire alarms for use on site; also producing AS installed drawings for operating and instruction manuals. Other office administration work.
- Airedale International Air Conditioning LtdPowder Coater, 1999 - 2001Worked in the powder coating department spraying metal components that went into making the air conditioning units. I also helped out in other departments when nothing was getting sprayed. This included various parts of fabrication and finishing.
- Stag Group Upholstrey, BD4 6SEFinisher / R & D, 1997 - 1999I worked in pretty much every area of the shop floor upholstering mass produced furniture. I started out in the finishing area slip stitching fringes and skirts. This also included slip stitching out arms and out backs. I was a cushion filler, involved in quality control, packing and despatching of furniture. Stores assistant replenishing stock and distributed materials amongst upholsterers. Installed reclining units and fixed wooden plinths. Frame-maker. Cutter assistant. Stock controller in fabric department. Finally, before the company went into administration, I worked in the cutting department and used Lectra CAD/CAM software digitising the paper and cardboard cut outs used to mark the fabric for cutting out. These would be entered using a large digitising tablet then be added to a program that would lay out these parts and print out on a large piece of adhesive paper or sent to the automated cutting machine. I had to make sure the components to be cut fit the fabric in the most efficient and cost effective manner using Diamino software. These layouts would be rolled out to main production but I also worked very close with research and development being part of the design team producing new products. My role would again be entering new designs into the computer and helping put together new prototypes.
- Peter Paley Upholstery, LS21 3JNApprentice Upholsterer, 1996 - 1997Stripped upholstery as required to re-upholstered. Ordered materials. Dealt with customers Assisted in the upholstery of furniture learning in a work environment progressing to being able to upholster on my own.
- Leeds College of Art and DesignFurniture Making & Restoration, 1994 - 1996
- Benton Park SchoolSecondary, 1989 - 1994
- Newlaithes Junior SchoolJunior, 1985 - 1989
- Featherbank, Horsforth, LS18 4QPInfant, 1982 - 1985
- Bus Simulator 2015
- 24 (Twenty Four)
- Peggle Blast
- Does not Commute
- Make Them Fall
- Ready Steady Bang
Steven Spielberg, Jurassic Park Director Hunted Innocent Triceratops &am...
Jesus Christ, internet, what are you playing at?
Ingress: The game that reveals Google's secret war to control London
Google's intriguing augmented-reality game has dedicated players fighting to control locations around the world. We join the players in Engl
Leeds Rhinos sign Newcastle Knights prop Adam Cuthbertson
• Rhinos give 29-year-old four-year deal starting in 2015 • ‘This is a massive boost for Leeds,’ says Brian McDermott
A lazy deliveryman becomes an alien destroyer in short animation 'Johnny...
Delivering a package sounds like a pretty straightforward task. But for an interplanetary delivery service in a universe filled with strange
£1m plan for retail, bar and eatery units in Victorian tunnels under Bra...
Bradford looks set to get its first underground market – right in the heart of the city’s historic trading quarter.
Leeds Rhinos: Burrow confirms surgery required on broken collarbone
LEEDS RHINOS talisman Rob Burrow today confirmed he will undergo surgery on the collarbone broken during last Saturday’s Challenge Cup win o
Aphex Twin will release rare unheard album thanks to Kickstarter campaign
Legendary electronic music artist Richard D. James, better known as Aphex Twin, is planning to release an incredibly rare, unheard piece of