- Brierley & Partners, Inc.Vice President Omnichannel Strategy, 2014 - presentLeads senior-level strategic consultation as a trusted advisor to improve engagement across customer segments and communication channels. Design, launch, execute, and refine omnichannel Customer Engagement programs. Provide actionable insights, plans, and recommendations to continually enhance areas such as test and learn strategies, offers, KPI development, reporting, creative, and analysis. Focused on omnichannel engagement, mobile strategy, ecommerce, and creative technology that recognizes the "constantly connected" consumer while driving digital Point-of-View for business unit.
- Lifestyle FriscoVice President, Editorial & Co-Founder, 2013 - presentAs a Co-Founder and Vice President of Editorial, Wendi is responsible for curating content and leading a team of writers and photographers to ensure quality standards and brand vision for the online media property, Lifestyle Frisco. Focused on digital engagement, content strategy, eCommerce, mobile experience, and creative technologies that recognize the "constantly connected" consumer. Directs all social media strategies to identify and deliver branded digital experiences informed by the hyper-local competitive landscape and consumer insights. Drives social media conversations and creates online content to increase consumer and business activity. Frisco continues to be one of the fastest growing communities in the country every year since 2000 and for a lot of good reasons. With easy access to Dallas, a moderate cost of living, a Top 10-rated school district in Texas, and a thriving business community, Frisco is a great place to live well without breaking the bank. While Frisco has a rich history, much of the community is less than 10 years old, so Frisco provides a good mix of good ole' Texas and modern amenities. Lifestyle Frisco delivers hyper-local information and content about Frisco life, entertainment, fashion, arts, dining, nightlife, sports, travel, and real estate close to home and even closer to our hearts. On a cutting-edge web and mobile publishing platform, our writers and editors are citizens and denizens of Frisco contributing stories, photos, videos, and events.
- WendistryArt Advisor & Commissioned Painter, 2003 - present"Creating Artistic Interiors... What is YOUR Art Affinity?" Wendi McGowan-Ellis, principal of Wendistry, creates artistic interiors. Non-art collectors focus first on their interiors… thinking in terms of furniture, the patterns, colors, and textures. The overall look and palette, and THEN consider adding art as a last step to complete the space. This approach, while completely acceptable, is primarily the audience with whom Wendistry advises through the ART AFFINITY Questionnaire. But when working with serious art collectors, Wendistry finds that the art is their primary focus in designing the room. The furnishings are secondary. If they have a valuable piece, in particular, we work with interior designers to develop a palette that doesn’t compete with the piece, neutrals and solids, versus patterns and vibrant colors that might overpower it. Wendi firmly believes that art doesn’t have to match an interior, or vice versa, but it must compliment. The best advice is to allow the art to breathe, not to clutter the space around a special piece in particular, and to let it shine. Wendi McGowan-Ellis brings thoughtful art, color, and designed inspiration to everything she touches. Her intuitive, collaborative approach results in innovative ideas and color palettes that inspire and engage those who experience her work.
- ValtechDigital Strategy Practice Lead, 2013 - 2014Digital Strategy Practice Lead responsible for building and leading a team of digital, mobile, social, and content strategists to meet client needs. Focused on omnichannel engagement, mobile strategy, ecommerce, and creative technology that recognizes the "constantly connected" consumer.
- Acquity GroupSenior Digital Strategist, 2011 - 2013Senior digital business strategist focused on omnichannel engagement, mobile strategy, and technology. Partnered with clients to map the future of their digital and mobile business and create value for their shareholders, clients, and employees. Mapping the path forward to build competitive advantage, create value, manage risk and drive sustainable growth through mobile channels, Wendi was a part of the ten-person Strategic Services Mobile SME (Subject Matter Expert) team. Working with Acquity Group corporate marketing and business development business units, led the Mobile Thought Leadership sub-team to author and manage articles, blog posts, and white papers for the company's mobile point-of-view to all external audiences.
- Verizon Communications2010 - 2011
- TXU Energy2009 - 2010
- La Quinta Inn2007 - 2008
- PSINet2000 - 2002
"Making money is art and working is art and good business is the best art." ~~ Andy Warhol
With over 20 years intra- and entrepreneurial experience providing business strategy, customer engagement leadership, and digital + emerging technologies + mobile consulting, Wendi is a creative professional working in technology and the arts. Branding, Messaging, Visual Communicator, Builder, Strategist, Collaborator, Collector of whimsical things and so, so much more...
- University of Texas, Austin
Three Squares Frisco - Gourmet Cuisine In A Casual Atmosphere
Three Squares bring unique flavor to Frisco via chef Stan Rodriguez. Three Squares is casual dining with exceptional food at a good price. R
7 Lessons Creative Teams Can Learn From A Sixth-Grade Metal Band
It’s always a bit of a drag for new bands when they’re too young to have free drinks at the venue they’re playing. In the case of Unlocking
The Next Web - International technology news, business & culture.
International technology news, business & culture.
's July 2012 Trend Briefing covering the consumer trend "NEWISM"
In addition to our free content, we also offer a Premium Service, which includes our 100+ page 2012 Trend Report and 2013 Trend Report (sent
Why Women Leaders Need Self-Confidence - Leslie Pratch - Harvard Busines...
Business bloggers at Harvard Business Review discuss a variety of business topics including managing people, innovation, leadership, and mor
Evernote Business Is Here. Start Building Your Team's Knowledge Today.
Successful companies are built around the diverse skills and expertise of every team member. Whether working alone or cooperating on a proje
What It's Like to Get Online After 25 Years in Prison
After a quarter century in prison, Michael Santos faces an unexpected challenge: facing a digital world he's never known.
What Your Culture Really Says - Pretty Little State Machine
Toxic lies about culture are afoot in Silicon Valley. They spread too fast as we take our bubble money and designer Powerpoints to drinkups,
Curatives for judgement. (Please read before you interact with other hum...
Here's a curative for the sharp judgement that accompanies our disappointment in others -- just a single, surprising expansive phrase: "You
Apple Is $50 Billion Away From Becoming The World's Most Valuable Company
After a record setting quarter that shattered Wall Street estimates, Apple is in a position to become the most valuable company in the world
Learning from the Best: Calvin Carter | Cocoanetics
Mixergy.com had Calvin Carter, founder of Bottle Rocket Apps, for an interview that gives a great insight what made Bottle Rocket the force
The 6 Marketing Metrics Your CEO Actually Cares About [Cheat Sheet]
Read through the important metrics any marketer should be able to present to their CEO.